which colour LCD C-STN/TFT/TFD?

Started by Ajab August 30, 2007
Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD?
I know TFT are expensive and they consume more power, but they provide
superior image quality.
I need to choose color LCD which is clearly visible from 10mm glass.

"Ajab" <jasusvijay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD? > I know TFT are expensive and they consume more power, but they provide > superior image quality. > I need to choose color LCD which is clearly visible from 10mm glass. >
We have used various monochrome STN and color TFT. No direct experience with the C-STN, but the mono STN have been quite noisy. Needed extra filtering on some control lines. This may also be a concern if a touch-screen is in use. Scott
> Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD? > I know TFT are expensive and they consume more power, but they provide > superior image quality. > I need to choose color LCD which is clearly visible from 10mm glass.
I think you should choose TFT. JJS
Ajab wrote:
> Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD?
You didn't give anywhere near sufficient details to allow an answer to that question. Just think for a moment: if there were a well-defined answer to such a broadly put question, how could all the other types of LCDs still survive in the market?
On Aug 31, 12:58 am, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker <HBBroe...@t-online.de>
wrote:
> Ajab wrote: > > Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD? > > You didn't give anywhere near sufficient details to allow an answer to > that question. > > Just think for a moment: if there were a well-defined answer to such a > broadly put question, how could all the other types of LCDs still > survive in the market?
I don't know much about LCDs. I just need to choose a colour LCD which is clearly visible from 10mm glass. Cost is not a problem. What else criteria I need to tell?
have you thought about OLED's then? http://www.dontronics-shop.com/home.php?cat=371 lots of youtube videos for our LCD's and OLED's, see: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/pages.php?pageid=59 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTw11ZF8-KM is an OLED video Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 USB Flash Drive interface for existing products. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
On Aug 31, 11:41 am, Don McKenzie <l...@mysig.com> wrote:
> Ajab wrote: > > On Aug 31, 12:58 am, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker <HBBroe...@t-online.de> > > wrote: > >> Ajab wrote: > >>> Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD? > >> You didn't give anywhere near sufficient details to allow an answer to > >> that question. > > >> Just think for a moment: if there were a well-defined answer to such a > >> broadly put question, how could all the other types of LCDs still > >> survive in the market? > > > I don't know much about LCDs. > > I just need to choose a colour LCD which is clearly visible from 10mm > > glass. > > Cost is not a problem. What else criteria I need to tell? > > have you thought about OLED's then?http://www.dontronics-shop.com/home.ph=
p?cat=3D371
> > lots of youtube videos for our LCD's and OLED's, see:http://www.dontronic=
s-shop.com/pages.php?pageid=3D59
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjTw11ZF8-KM > is an OLED video > > Don... > > -- > Don McKenzie > > Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap > E-Mail Contact Page:http://www.dontronics.com/email > No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com > > Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards.http://www.dontronics-sho=
p=2Ecom/product.php?productid=3D16659
> > USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.http://www.dontronics-sho=
p=2Ecom/product.php?productid=3D16654- Hide quoted text -
Why should I go for OLEDs? Are they better that TFT?
yes: http://www.dontronics.com/oled.html Cheers Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 USB Flash Drive interface for existing products. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
On Aug 31, 11:41 am, Don McKenzie <l...@mysig.com> wrote:
> Ajab wrote: > > On Aug 31, 12:58 am, Hans-Bernhard Br&#4294967295;ker <HBBroe...@t-online.de> > > wrote: > >> Ajab wrote: > >>> Which LCD should I choose? C-STN or TFT? Or any other LCD? > >> You didn't give anywhere near sufficient details to allow an answer > >> to > >> that question. > > >> Just think for a moment: if there were a well-defined answer to > >> such a > >> broadly put question, how could all the other types of LCDs still > >> survive in the market? > > > I don't know much about LCDs. > > I just need to choose a colour LCD which is clearly visible from > > 10mm > > glass. > > Cost is not a problem. What else criteria I need to tell? > > have you thought about OLED's > then?http://www.dontronics-shop.com/home.php?cat=371 > > lots of youtube videos for our LCD's and OLED's, > see:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/pages.php?pageid=59 > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTw11ZF8-KM > is an OLED video > > Don... > > Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory > cards.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 > > USB Flash Drive interface for existing > products.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654- > Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -
> Why should I go for OLEDs? Are they better that TFT?
They are brighter and use less power. But they are expensive and come in limited sizes. TFT would be best for you I would guess.
Don McKenzie <look@mysig.com> writes:

> Ajab wrote: >> >> Why should I go for OLEDs? Are they better that TFT? > > yes: > http://www.dontronics.com/oled.html > Cheers Don...
Isn't there a problem with lifetime? -- John Devereux

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference