dsp with a vga driver

Started by rome...@gmail.com September 14, 2007
Hi,
Is there a DSP/micro with capability to directly get connected to CRT/
LCD display.Basically I need to display some images, some text, and
possibly a windows application like stuff to run entirely from a micro/
DSP. Some results I could find in the net but I do not want to drive
the dislpay via serial port or I do not want to make an SBC kind of
thing with some highperformance x86 variety processor.Either I would
store the screen(s) in the DSP or a memory device in the DSP board or
I would create the screens on the fly.
Thank you.
Romesh.

ADI BlackFin provides PPI interface that can be connected to a video coder. Also you can drive the LCD directly with it. Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant www.abvolt.com
romeshkulasekhara@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, > Is there a DSP/micro with capability to directly get connected to CRT/ > LCD display.Basically I need to display some images, some text, and > possibly a windows application like stuff to run entirely from a micro/ > DSP. Some results I could find in the net but I do not want to drive > the dislpay via serial port or I do not want to make an SBC kind of > thing with some highperformance x86 variety processor.Either I would > store the screen(s) in the DSP or a memory device in the DSP board or > I would create the screens on the fly. > Thank you. > Romesh.
don't know if this is going to help: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/Micro-VGA-p-1-c-262.html or in the next week, we should have: <http://www.dontronics-shop.com/4d-Micro-VGA-PICASO-MD1-UB-Base-Board-Adaptor-for-VGA-PICASO-MD1-p-16684.html> and: <http://www.dontronics-shop.com/4d-Micro-VGA-PICASO-MD1-p-16683.html> Don... -- Don McKenzie Affiliate Program: http://www.dontronics.com/affiliate Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference