RS232 Development Board

Started by ratemonotonic September 17, 2007
On Sep 18, 5:57 pm, pbr...@netburner.com wrote:
> >Hi All , > > >Does any one know an off the shelf (and cheap) development board with > >3 RS232 ports? > > >Thanks in advance for any help. > > >Rate > > The MOD5270 dev kit has three uarts, two with RS-232 level shifters, one at TTL levels.http://www.netburner.com/products/development_kits/network_developmen... > > If you don't need the Ethernet the MOD5213 has the same without the ethernet.http://www.netburner.com/products/development_kits/embedded_developme... > > Paul > > CTO Netburner
Thanks very much it looks like it will suit my requirements will have a read of the spec. Just to answer some ppl confused by the requirement for 3 RS232 - it will be used to switch between three types of modems in a small submarine ( one acoustic and two radio frequency)! How exciting is that! Rate PS - Old PC ! eh? PPS - have asked the question dozens of times ? eh?
In article <1190056305.597740.203820@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
ratemonotonic says...
> Hi All , > > Does any one know an off the shelf (and cheap) development board with > 3 RS232 ports?
Rabbit? Nice modules and you can even get a C compiler from a third party. They include something they call a C compiler but it has a number of incompatibilities with standard C. For small projects you might be able to use it though. Robert -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
"ratemonotonic" <niladri1979@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 18, 5:57 pm, pbr...@netburner.com wrote:
> Just to answer some ppl confused by the requirement for 3 RS232 - it > will be used to switch between three types of modems in a small > submarine ( one acoustic and two radio frequency)!
Do you have to work with all three modems at the same time? Why can't you just multiplex them to one port? VLV P.S. Still you have to get a PC :)
ratemonotonic wrote:
> Thanks very much it looks like it will suit my requirements will have > a read of the spec. > > Just to answer some ppl confused by the requirement for 3 RS232 - it > will be used to switch between three types of modems in a small > submarine ( one acoustic and two radio frequency)! > How exciting is that! >
Hi rate, if it's just switching between modems this is the product we use in aviation (scroll down to the CE0063 Minimux) http://www.cescom.com.au/new/products/products.html It has 4 ports plus these units can be daisy chained to expand them. *Peter*

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference