Fried my atmega

Started by abicash October 24, 2007
I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed the
bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is nicely
programming..What can i do to erase the earlier chip?I cant even access it
now.
"abicash" <jagtapabhijit06@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed the > bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is nicely > programming..What can i do to erase the earlier chip?I cant even access it > now.
Parallel programming on an STK500. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
If you don't have a STK500 or similar as Ulf suggests, have you worked out what clock source that you did actually set it to ? Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world
Simon Clubley wrote:
> In article <65mdncASmMW2z4LanZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, "abicash" <jagtapabhijit06@gmail.com> writes: >> I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed the >> bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is nicely >> programming..What can i do to erase the earlier chip?I cant even access it >> now. > > If you don't have a STK500 or similar as Ulf suggests, have you worked > out what clock source that you did actually set it to ? >
Some Atmegas at least, if you wrong-foot the fuse bits, get set into a mode requiring an RC oscillator, with external RC connected to the XTAL1/2 pins. I've taken to putting N/F component sites on these pins on every Atmega board I do, just in case.
In article <47243f31$0$17151$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>, David R Brooks <davebXXX@iinet.net.au> writes:
> Some Atmegas at least, if you wrong-foot the fuse bits, get set into a > mode requiring an RC oscillator, with external RC connected to the > XTAL1/2 pins. I've taken to putting N/F component sites on these pins on > every Atmega board I do, just in case.
Having recently switched from the HC08 to the AVR for my hobbyist projects, this is something that I am _very_ aware of (and check multiple times) while setting fuse bits. :-) I was thinking that the OP could recover his AVR if he could work out what clock source the AVR was now expecting. Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference