No way to program a Spartan 3 FPGA with a1,8V Digilent cable?

Started by blisca November 6, 2007
I have a t home some "accurately scraped " FPGA Xilinx XC3S1500,having a
VCCINT of 1,2 V,
no way to use a cable rated 1,8 to 15 V to configure it?
Thanks,
Diego,Italy

On Nov 6, 5:50 am, "blisca" <bliscachiocciolinatiscali.it> wrote:
> I have a t home some "accurately scraped " FPGA Xilinx XC3S1500,having a > VCCINT of 1,2 V, > no way to use a cable rated 1,8 to 15 V to configure it? > Thanks, > Diego,Italy
If you hunt up the schematics for a simple parallel port type cable and the detailed voltage specs of the fpga, I'm sure you can figure out a way to make something to do it - especially if you are willing to run it at a slow clock rate.
<cs_posting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
1194647928.350810.61420@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...
> On Nov 6, 5:50 am, "blisca" <bliscachiocciolinatiscali.it> wrote: > > I have a t home some "accurately scraped " FPGA Xilinx XC3S1500,having a > > VCCINT of 1,2 V, > > no way to use a cable rated 1,8 to 15 V to configure it? > > Thanks, > > Diego,Italy > > If you hunt up the schematics for a simple parallel port type cable > and the detailed voltage specs of the fpga, I'm sure you can figure > out a way to make something to do it - especially if you are willing > to run it at a slow clock rate. >
Thanks,simply i was misleaded by the fact that the 1.8 V minimum voltage of the cable sounds like a typical VCCINT voltage,but in fact as everyone but me knows well the cable works with the VCCAUX voltage,that can can be higher

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference