oscillator needed

Started by el_s...@yahoo.com November 26, 2007
Hi - I need a 10.7 Mhz signal to debug an FM receiver kit I am putting
together. I have a Z8 Encore microcontroller eval board I bought
sometime ago so I might be able to use the pwm signal from it, but
otherwise I'll probably need to use some sort of crystal oscillator.
Any suggestions for simple circuitry ?

Thanks in advance,
<el_squid_2000@yahoo.com>

> Hi - I need a 10.7 Mhz signal to debug an FM receiver kit I am putting > together.
** No you dont. You maybe need an FM modulated signal at 10.7MHz.
> Any suggestions for simple circuitry ?
** Own an FM broadcast radio of any kind? Just tap into the IF strip and you have your signal. Look for 10.7 MHz ceramic filters or small IF transformers . ....... Phil
<el_squid_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I need a 10.7 Mhz signal to debug an FM receiver kit I am putting > together. I have a Z8 Encore microcontroller eval board I bought > sometime ago so I might be able to use the pwm signal from it, but > otherwise I'll probably need to use some sort of crystal oscillator. > Any suggestions for simple circuitry ?
If it is a wideband receiver, you can get by with modest stability. A simple Hartley or Colpitts oscillator would work fine. A crystal oscillator will provide better stability, if needed. Any chance you can borrow a signal generator?

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference