Debugging with visionCLICK

Started by Roman Mashak September 7, 2004
Hello, All!

I've got one more question about visionCLICK S/W and debugging techiques.
I'm new to this, so my apologize for probably stupid questions :)

My code, I wanna debug, was compiled on the linux platfrom and debug
information inside binary contains paths from Linux machine, like
/home/me/bla-bla...., so in visionCLICK I can't locate the modules or
important symbols cause of this fact.

So, is there any compile option I can use to prevent this behaviour?  Or may
be there is better way?

Thank you for help in advance!

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

> > So, is there any compile option I can use to prevent this behaviour? Or may > be there is better way?
Use the Project Configuration/Path setting to set where the files actually are. In the Load Options window tick "Ignore Path Info in symbol file". This works on a windows box. Cheers TW
Hello, Ted!
You wrote  on 8 Sep 2004 04:43:46 -0700:

 TW> Use the Project Configuration/Path setting to set where the files
 TW> actually are. In the Load Options window tick "Ignore Path Info in
 TW> symbol file".
    Yeah, thank you, it worked.
 TW> This works on a windows box.
    And now I've got another question concerning memory watching. I do
everything according to documentation, but during debugging  (Run/Step)
can't see
any data in Memory WIndow, where I added to watch some addresses... It's
just empty.
    I tried to play with update options (update manually/update after
breakpoint etc.), but it didn't help...

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference