Forums

LPC2103 (Phillips ARM7 microcontroller) Led Blinky Example

Started by Unknown December 16, 2007
All,

For people who are learning the ARM7 architecture, and
wish to use GPL development tools, then my LED blinky
program may be of use to you:

http://www.users.on.net/~jsno/proj_micro/arm7lb.html

I hope you find it a useful spring board.

Cheers
fred.kroft@gmail.com wrote:
> All, > > For people who are learning the ARM7 architecture, and > wish to use GPL development tools, then my LED blinky > program may be of use to you: > > http://www.users.on.net/~jsno/proj_micro/arm7lb.html > > I hope you find it a useful spring board. > > Cheers
On the link above you said: "until I was able to create this application that works with a GCC based tool chain." Which "GCC based tool chain" are you using. My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so examples won't help me. Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ?? Which is it, Linux or WinXP ?? donald
donald <Donald@dontdoithere.com> writes:

> fred.kroft@gmail.com wrote: >> All, >> >> For people who are learning the ARM7 architecture, and >> wish to use GPL development tools, then my LED blinky >> program may be of use to you: >> >> http://www.users.on.net/~jsno/proj_micro/arm7lb.html >> >> I hope you find it a useful spring board. >> >> Cheers > > On the link above you said: > "until I was able to create this application that works with a GCC > based tool chain." > > Which "GCC based tool chain" are you using. > > My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so > examples won't help me. > > Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ?? > > Which is it, Linux or WinXP ??
Linux, according to his README file. -- John Devereux
> My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so examples > won't help me. > > Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ??
Installing ARM7 GCC on a Windoze machine is very simple, there is nothing to go wrong provided you include the bin directory in your path. Use one of the prebuilt Windows installations - YAGARTO is native Win32 code and does not require Cygwin, then there is WinARM and GNUARM, plus other that rely on Cygwin. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org 14 official architecture ports, 1000 downloads per week. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#2013265948;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
FreeRTOS.org wrote:

>>My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so examples >>won't help me. >> >>Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ?? > > > Installing ARM7 GCC on a Windoze machine is very simple, there is nothing to > go wrong provided you include the bin directory in your path. Use one of > the prebuilt Windows installations - YAGARTO is native Win32 code and does > not require Cygwin, then there is WinARM and GNUARM, plus other that rely on > Cygwin. > >
Thank You, I'll try out YAGARTO. donald
"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@address.com> a &#2013265929;crit dans le message de
news:OYq9j.64040$c_1.48102@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so
examples
> > won't help me. > > > > Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ?? > > Installing ARM7 GCC on a Windoze machine is very simple, there is nothing
to
> go wrong provided you include the bin directory in your path. Use one of > the prebuilt Windows installations - YAGARTO is native Win32 code and does > not require Cygwin, then there is WinARM and GNUARM, plus other that rely
on
> Cygwin. >
I use winDEA, however, I find that gcc tool chain work very slow. How is YAGARTO about it ? -- -Stan
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:11:29 +0100, "Stan" <none@none.invalid> wrote:

> >"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@address.com> a &#2013265929;crit dans le message de >news:OYq9j.64040$c_1.48102@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >> > My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so >examples >> > won't help me. >> > >> > Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ?? >> >> Installing ARM7 GCC on a Windoze machine is very simple, there is nothing >to >> go wrong provided you include the bin directory in your path. Use one of >> the prebuilt Windows installations - YAGARTO is native Win32 code and does >> not require Cygwin, then there is WinARM and GNUARM, plus other that rely >on >> Cygwin. >> > >I use winDEA, however, I find that gcc tool chain work very slow. >How is YAGARTO about it ?
The Yagarto GCC binaries are much faster since it is linked to the native C libraries that does not have the cygwin overhead. The cygwin overhead is significant. I compile faster on an old 600MHz duron under Linux than using an XP 2600 processor under cygwin. Regards Anton Erasmus