RS485: testing loopback

Started by Ajab December 21, 2007
I am using a rs232 to wire rs485 converter. I have shorted TX+ with RX
+ and TX- with RX- for 2-wire configuuration. A 120R termination
resistor is connected between TX+ and TX-.
I am using it in half-duplex configuration.
Is it possible to test loopback. Because in half-duplex either tx or
rx will be enabled.
I have not tried this. Just before trying want to check if this will
work.
"Ajab" <jasusvijay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using a rs232 to wire rs485 converter. I have shorted TX+ with RX > + and TX- with RX- for 2-wire configuuration. A 120R termination > resistor is connected between TX+ and TX-. > I am using it in half-duplex configuration. > Is it possible to test loopback. Because in half-duplex either tx or > rx will be enabled. > I have not tried this. Just before trying want to check if this will > work.
No, it won't work in half duplex.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference