Xilinx Lwip

Started by Greg January 5, 2008
I have been having issues using the Xilinx Lwip library.  I checked
out their example code for the web server and was unable to figure out
where they were getting the lwip_init function from.  The compiler was
telling me that the function couldn't be found.  It would be great if
someone had some sample code or if someone could just start by telling
me what I need to include to get the lwip_init.  Thanks a million.

Greg
Download the latest lwIP code: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ This code base has init.c which includes lwip_init. Bill
On Jan 5, 9:30=A0pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Greg" <shir...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:8fdbe48a-7a6d-46a8-8e98-93d528be9788@41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > > >I have been having issues using the Xilinx Lwip library. =A0I checked > > out their example code for the web server and was unable to figure out > > where they were getting the lwip_init function from. =A0The compiler was=
> > telling me that the function couldn't be found. =A0It would be great if > > someone had some sample code or if someone could just start by telling > > me what I need to include to get the lwip_init. =A0Thanks a million. > > Download the latest lwIP code:http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ > This code base has init.c which includes lwip_init. > > Bill
I downloaded the new one and told Xilinx to include the path. Still same problem.
On Jan 5, 9:30 pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> "Greg" <shir...@gmail.com> wrote in message >> >> news:8fdbe48a-7a6d-46a8-8e98-93d528be9788@41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... >> >> >I have been having issues using the Xilinx Lwip library. I checked >> > out their example code for the web server and was unable to figure out >> > where they were getting the lwip_init function from. The compiler was >> > telling me that the function couldn't be found. It would be great if >> > someone had some sample code or if someone could just start by telling >> > me what I need to include to get the lwip_init. Thanks a million. >> >> Download the latest lwIP code:http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ >> This code base has init.c which includes lwip_init. >> >> Bill > >I downloaded the new one and told Xilinx to include the path. Still >same problem.
I've built 1.2 and the current snapshot development release without problems, but I did have to update the project to add new files new that were not in the 1.2 build. And I added the call to lwip_init (previously I had my own function which did similarly to the new function). Do you see init.c and is the Makefile including it? Bill
On Jan 7, 6:26=A0pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> This code base has init.c which includes lwip_init. > > >> Bill > > >I downloaded the new one and told Xilinx to include the path. =A0Still > >same problem. > > I've built 1.2 and the current snapshot development release without > problems, but I did have to update the project to add new files new that > were not in the 1.2 build. =A0And I added the call to lwip_init (previousl=
y I
> had my own function which did similarly to the new function). =A0Do you se=
> init.c and is the Makefile including it? > > Bill- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -
Yes I updated the path to include the new files and it still is not working for me. The weird thing is that there is a lwip_init function in the xadapter.c file but not in the xadapter.h file. The xadapter file has lwip_init_raw but no lwip_init oddly. If I manually add the prototype to the header the project compiles. I can't say if it works when I do that as we are using the lltemac and I am conversing with xilinx as to what we must do to use the lltemac with the ml405 board and xilinx kernel. If anyone knows how to do this that would be helpful as well.
On Jan 7, 6:26 pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Greg" <shir...@gmail.com> wrote in message >> >I downloaded the new one and told Xilinx to include the path. Still >> >same problem. >> >> I've built 1.2 and the current snapshot development release without >> problems, but I did have to update the project to add new files new that >> were not in the 1.2 build. And I added the call to lwip_init (previously >> I >> had my own function which did similarly to the new function). Do you see >> init.c and is the Makefile including it? >> > >Yes I updated the path to include the new files and it still is not >working for me. The weird thing is that there is a lwip_init function >in the xadapter.c file but not in the xadapter.h file. The xadapter >file has lwip_init_raw but no lwip_init oddly. If I manually add the >prototype to the header the project compiles. I can't say if it works >when I do that as we are using the lltemac and I am conversing with >xilinx as to what we must do to use the lltemac with the ml405 board >and xilinx kernel. If anyone knows how to do this that would be >helpful as well.
The savannah site has a user's suport group too - it was very helpful when I've asked a question. The xadapter.c may be colliding now since lwip_init didn't exist before - maybe that's what got the ball rolling to get it included. I don't recall if I had to add the prototype or not. I did have to add more #includes because of the changes. Bill
On Jan 9, 3:31=A0pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Greg" <shir...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:b10ab40a-bf8e-4d9f-aeec-b71be4a36ccd@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > On Jan 7, 6:26 pm, "Bill A." <b...@comcast.net> wrote: > > > > > > > "Greg" <shir...@gmail.com> wrote in message > >> >I downloaded the new one and told Xilinx to include the path. Still > >> >same problem. > > >> I've built 1.2 and the current snapshot development release without > >> problems, but I did have to update the project to add new files new tha=
> >> were not in the 1.2 build. And I added the call to lwip_init (previousl=
> >> I > >> had my own function which did similarly to the new function). Do you se=
> >> init.c and is the Makefile including it? > > >Yes I updated the path to include the new files and it still is not > >working for me. =A0The weird thing is that there is a lwip_init function > >in the xadapter.c file but not in the xadapter.h file. =A0The xadapter > >file has lwip_init_raw but no lwip_init oddly. =A0If I manually add the > >prototype to the header the project compiles. =A0I can't say if it works > >when I do that as we are using the lltemac and I am conversing with > >xilinx as to what we must do to use the lltemac with the ml405 board > >and xilinx kernel. =A0If anyone knows how to do this that would be > >helpful as well. > > The savannah site has a user's suport group too - it was very helpful when=
> I've asked a question. > > The xadapter.c may be colliding now since lwip_init didn't exist before - > maybe that's what got the ball rolling to get it included. =A0I don't reca=
ll
> if I had to add the prototype or not. =A0I did have to add more #includes > because of the changes. > > Bill- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -
Alright turns out the solution to this problem is don't use C++ on the initialization. You must use the gcc compiler on a .c file in order for the lwip_init to be pulled in. Just figured I would post this for the record for anyone who might have the same issue in the future.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference