LPC3180 ARM uC power supply

Started by kalyanamsaritha January 16, 2008
"Clifford Heath" <no@spam.please.net> wrote in message
> kalyanamsaritha wrote: >> BTW, a budding telephony hobbyist could already benefit from work done > > Being able to read "Recipes of the Great Chefs" won't make you a great > chef. As a hobbyist in embedded myself, I have first-hand experience of > this fact :-). The more you learn, the more you learn to respect > experience. > > Hang around, listen to Joerg, JL, Phil Hobbs, and others like them, and > you'll learn more than you could imagine. > > And for g%* sake, try a simpler project first. Something with only one > or two chips, running at under 10MHz, in a pitch no finer than 0.05", > and fewer than a hundred components in all. Design and build both the > circuit and the board, then program the software and test the unit in > real-world conditions, including resilience against EMI, temperature, > being dropped, repeated power cycling, running with the batteries half > flat or reversed, etc. When you can build a device that stands up under > that kind of scrutiny, think about doubling the clock speed and/or > number of components. Rinse and repeat. In ten years, you'll know if > you're up to attempting the kind of project you've been talking about.
I 100%+ agree..... You will need a lots of dollars ($500+ USD probaly) to get a multilayer board done (8 layers probably) . Why dont you purchase a development kit first and get experience with known working hardware and profesional software. I know million dollar companies that would steer away from such complex designs, as in their experince..... they can see trouble coming! Joe
"kalyanamsaritha" <kalyanamsaritha@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > LPC3180 is a ARM926EJS core which uses a 1.2V for the core, sdram, etc, > and 1.8V/3.0V for IO. > > What power supply/regulators would be recommended? Would a single > regulator be recommened to achieve these multiple voltages? And how? > > Thanks.
As a much simpler alternative, buy an eval board for the processor and interface your parts to that. You stand at least a reasonable chance of success if you get big important pieces pre-done and running out of the box. Scott

Memfault Beyond the Launch