Forums

Sending SMS text messages to GSM phone

Started by Colin MacDougall August 29, 2004
Colin MacDougall wrote:
> > I think the US does have some GSM coverage. Have a look > at the countries listed here > > http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml > the US is included ! But I don't think the coverage > is a wide yet as it is here in Europe. > > Colin > >
Thanks for the info and link. My research has shown that dealers here in the US do not have phones that will send SMS via a serial cable. I have been told thats not allowed in this country. I was told by T-MOBLE that the FCC does not allow it. I believe that the carriers don't allow it. But who really knows, and which phones have this capability ?? Thanks again hamilton
Even an old Ericsson T10 has this capability. -- Wing Wong. Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au