xilinx microblaze and picoblaze on a spartan 3e starter kit

Started by llombard February 22, 2008
Dear all,

I'm trying to make an IP for microblaze using code including a
Picoblaze processor. So that's a pico/micro blaze mix on a spartan 3e
and it seems to be incompatible because of BSCANS:
 Number of BSCANs:                    2 out of       1  200%
(OVERMAPPED)

Does anyone has a clue on how to solve that?

thanks in advance,
Laurent
Hi,

Seems like you try to use to BSCAN in your FPGA.
IP that uses BSCAN are ChipScope and MDM, these can share one BSCAN but
needs to be configured for it.
What is using the two BSCAN primitives in your design?

G�ran

"llombard" <llombard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all, > > I'm trying to make an IP for microblaze using code including a > Picoblaze processor. So that's a pico/micro blaze mix on a spartan 3e > and it seems to be incompatible because of BSCANS: > Number of BSCANs: 2 out of 1 200% > (OVERMAPPED) > > Does anyone has a clue on how to solve that? > > thanks in advance, > Laurent
Hi Goran,
indeed, after further investigation, I realized picoblaze has a
"v2_bscan: BSCAN_VIRTEX2" in the vhd file it creates. On the other
side, the debugger (MDM as you say) is also using a bscan. So I
deactivated the debugger and it works -both pica and microblaze on the
same chip-
Unfortunately... I lost the debugging functionnality. So if you have a
clue on how to have them share the same bscan, please tell me!
:)
thanks
laurent

On Feb 22, 1:52=A0pm, "G=F6ran Bilski" <goran.bil...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi, > > Seems like you try to use to BSCAN in your FPGA. > IP that uses BSCAN are ChipScope and MDM, these can share one BSCAN but > needs to be configured for it. > What is using the two BSCAN primitives in your design? > > G=F6ran > > "llombard" <llomb...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:bb921f3f-c203-4745-bf10-82f8db160c46@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > > > > > Dear all, > > > I'm trying to make an IP for microblaze using code including a > > Picoblaze processor. So that's a pico/micro blaze mix on a spartan 3e > > and it seems to be incompatible because of BSCANS: > > Number of BSCANs: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A02 out of =A0 =
=A0 =A0 1 =A0200%
> > (OVERMAPPED) > > > Does anyone has a clue on how to solve that? > > > thanks in advance, > > Laurent
Hi,

The only way to share a BSCAN is that the designs are created for sharing.
The MDM is designed for sharing since it can be used together with ChipScope
which also uses BSCAN.
But I don't think the picoblaze usage are made for sharing the BSCAN and
thus you would need to modify the code to allow sharing.

G&#4294967295;ran