IAR ARM Assembler

Started by Joe G (Home) April 28, 2008
IAR seems to be purely focused on C complier.

I would like to do some small amouts of code to get an understanding of the
ARM7 and Cortex M3 instruction set.

Does any one know where I might get some IAR ASM code examples from?

THanks in advance

Joe

"Joe G (Home)" <joe.g@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> IAR seems to be purely focused on C complier. > > I would like to do some small amouts of code to get an understanding of > the ARM7 and Cortex M3 instruction set. > > Does any one know where I might get some IAR ASM code examples from? > > THanks in advance
If you are interested in ARM assembly code I would suggest looking at ARM documentation, not C compiler documentation. The FreeRTOS.org download does contain some asm code written for the IAR assembler, look in the Source/portable/IAR/[processor] directory. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop 17 official architecture ports, more than 5000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Op Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:58:46 +0200 schreef Joe G (Home)
<joe.g@optusnet.com.au>:
> IAR seems to be purely focused on C complier.
Not true. But they do make an effort to be able to use C wherever possible.
Why not single-step your way through an example project? -- Gemaakt met Opera's revolutionaire e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/