Hello Kernel

Started by karthikbalaguru June 3, 2008
Hi,

I would like to pass commands from Shell
and check the information exchanged
between different routines in Kernel Space ?
Other than printk , Is there any tool / method
to do that ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru
On Jun 3, 11:40=A0pm, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, > > I would like to pass commands from Shell > and check the information exchanged > between different routines in Kernel Space ? > Other than printk , Is there any tool / method > to do that ? >
I am using linux 2.4 kernel. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru
"karthikbalaguru" <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jun 3, 11:40 pm, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, > > I would like to pass commands from Shell > and check the information exchanged > between different routines in Kernel Space ? > Other than printk , Is there any tool / method > to do that ? > > > I am using linux 2.4 kernel.
Let's step back for a moment. What is it that you're trying to do? I don't mean "check the information in the kernel being passed from shell commands" - I mean at a higher level. What problem/issue are you trying to solve where you think you need to do this? ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

Wow that sounds like quite a hobby you have there! -- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the globe. Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
On Jun 3, 2:40 pm, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, > > I would like to pass commands from Shell > and check the information exchanged > between different routines in Kernel Space ? > Other than printk , Is there any tool / method > to do that ?
Look at procfs (the virtual files in /proc) some of which are now supposed to be in sysfs (/sys) under 2.6 kernels. A number of kernel modules will create status files in one of these places that you can view to see what they are up to. You'd have to examine them to see how they do it. The spi mmc card driver does this for example.
copy_from_user()?

---Matthew Hicks

> Hi, > > I would like to pass commands from Shell > and check the information exchanged > between different routines in Kernel Space ? > Other than printk , Is there any tool / method > to do that ? > Thx in advans, > Karthik Balaguru

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

--
Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll