build an arm board to run linux

Started by manche July 11, 2008
I want to build an arm board to run linux. I'm not really interested in
buying a board and messing around with it. I would go for a schematic
though. Any pointers on how I could get started? I have heard mixed advice
from people. Some say the atmel arm microcontrollers are pretty easy to
hook up to other components, some say it's not that simple. I just want to
know how I can get started.

At Olimex (http://www.olimex.com) they sell ARM dev boards and you can also find schematics there. Would be a nice place to start. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
I am doing the same ! process is a little complicated if u r in USA etc u can get the boards done for the "linux stamp" with AT91Rm9200 http://opencircuits.com/Linuxstamp PCB POOL site can make the boards for u ! learn SMd soldering in youtube/curious inventor site. there is huge wiki for software loading etc this do a google ! Else if u want to do no big stuff take the LPC 2138 search for schematics for these Download eagle pcb make the boards and gerber files. --------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com