Forums

Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up .....HELP NEEDED

Started by nik September 29, 2008
Hello

I am using gcc 4.1.1 as a cross compiler for arm on ubuntu.
Being a rookie in gcc, I have very little knowledge of it.

I am trying  to assemble the crt0.s file using the command
-desktop:~/armgcc$ arm-elf-as crt0.s

But what I am getting is :

crt0.s: Assembler messages:
crt0.s:157: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up
crt0.s:160: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up
crt0.s:162: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up
crt0.s:163: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up

The lines 157,160,162,163 that are giving errors are :
 str   r0,[r1,#PS_PCER_OFF]

str   r0,[r1,#PIO_PER_OFF]

str   r0,[r1,#PIO_CODR_OFF]

str   r0,[r1,#PIO_OER_OFF]

Please help me out with the cause and solution for this error.

Thanks.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:06:50 -0700 (PDT), nik <nitinkothari@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The lines 157,160,162,163 that are giving errors are : > str r0,[r1,#PS_PCER_OFF]
You must define these constants (the immediate value can not be resolved during linking). -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
On Sep 29, 2:06=A0pm, bastia...@yahoo.com (42Bastian Schick) wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:06:50 -0700 (PDT), nik <nitinkoth...@gmail.com> > wrote: > > >The lines 157,160,162,163 that are giving errors are : > > str =A0 r0,[r1,#PS_PCER_OFF] > > You must define these constants (the immediate value can not be > resolved during linking). > > -- > 42Bastian > Do not email to bastia...@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) > Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
Thanks Bastian ! Is there any tutorial which explains the runtime file crt0.S ? One more question. Is it necessary to link both- crt0.S and startup.S ? Thanks ! Nik
nik wrote:
> Hello > > I am using gcc 4.1.1 as a cross compiler for arm on ubuntu. > Being a rookie in gcc, I have very little knowledge of it. > > I am trying to assemble the crt0.s file using the command > -desktop:~/armgcc$ arm-elf-as crt0.s > > But what I am getting is : > > crt0.s: Assembler messages: > crt0.s:157: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up > crt0.s:160: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up > crt0.s:162: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up > crt0.s:163: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up > > The lines 157,160,162,163 that are giving errors are : > str r0,[r1,#PS_PCER_OFF] > > str r0,[r1,#PIO_PER_OFF] > > str r0,[r1,#PIO_CODR_OFF] > > str r0,[r1,#PIO_OER_OFF] > > Please help me out with the cause and solution for this error.
Please do not start a new thread with the same question. I already answered the original thread. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi
This usually means there is a #define statement that wasn't defined. The
'not fixed up' part means the value in the assembler was not present.

Jon

>Hello > >I am using gcc 4.1.1 as a cross compiler for arm on ubuntu. >Being a rookie in gcc, I have very little knowledge of it. > >I am trying to assemble the crt0.s file using the command >-desktop:~/armgcc$ arm-elf-as crt0.s > >But what I am getting is : > >crt0.s: Assembler messages: >crt0.s:157: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up >crt0.s:160: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up >crt0.s:162: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up >crt0.s:163: Error: internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up > >The lines 157,160,162,163 that are giving errors are : > str r0,[r1,#PS_PCER_OFF] > >str r0,[r1,#PIO_PER_OFF] > >str r0,[r1,#PIO_CODR_OFF] > >str r0,[r1,#PIO_OER_OFF] > >Please help me out with the cause and solution for this error. > >Thanks. >