programming atmega48

Started by Hul Tytus October 2, 2008
comp.arch.embedded
programming atmega48

	The code below is still not working, but some other code using the
external interupt mechanism strictly to execute a routine is running. The
difficulty there was using:
	sts EIMSK, areg
rather than:
	out EIMSK, areg.

	Possibly, considering the code below, the clock for the interupts is
disabled unless both the specific mask bit and the master interupt bit are
set, rendering the interupts inoperative as an inspection tool for transitions
at a pin. There is probably some other explanation since sacrificing
significant function for marginal power reduction might cause a ripple in
Atmel's design circle. Then again, power reduction is fashionable...
	If anyone sees a way to implement the code below or an alternate means
to achieve the same result, please mention it.

Hul

Hul Tytus wrote:
> > The code below is still not working, but some other code using the > external interupt mechanism strictly to execute a routine is > running. The difficulty there was using: > sts EIMSK, areg > rather than: > out EIMSK, areg. > > Possibly, considering the code below, the clock for the interupts > is disabled unless both the specific mask bit and the master > interupt bit are set, rendering the interupts inoperative as an > inspection tool for transitions at a pin. There is probably some > other explanation since sacrificing significant function for > marginal power reduction might cause a ripple in Atmel's design > circle. Then again, power reduction is fashionable. If anyone > sees a way to implement the code below or an alternate means to > achieve the same result, please mention it.
Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. Without proper quotes and reasonable order your post is basically non-understandable. See the following links: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html> <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> (taming google) <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/> (newusers) -- [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> Try the download section.