Forums

Philips way of dealing with documentation lpc2103 / lpc3000

Started by Rob Jansen December 19, 2005
Ok,

this is an LPC2000 group, but what about the lpc3000 ?

I found an lpc3000 evaluation board from Nohau
(http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html), priced at $995 ...
But at the Philips website all I can find is the announcement from
February 23:
Samples available Q2 2005, Realview Developer kit available from
mid 2005 ???

No datasheet, no user manual, not even a block diagram ???
(For a block diagram we have to look at an article at ARM's website:
http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf).

And the lpc2103 ?

My nice board (ehh Christmas tree) is due to arrive today or tomorrow.
But at the Philips website ?

Preliminary datasheet, no user manual ???
- Yes I know, there is a priliminary user manual (without internal Links
size optimized ???) available in the files section of this group.

But the fact is that this kind of information should be up to date and
available from the Philips website ...

Regards,

Rob



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

Hi Rob,

Last week I followed an LPC2000 presentation with
representatives from the Philips Microcontroller Business Unit (NL) present
at Silica (Avnet).

The man that gave the presentation and product
roadmap, explained that Nohau is currently busy with an EVAL-board and that

the introductory date will be done 1 week before the
Embedded World Trade Fair (mid) Feb. 2006.

Although some ref. brief specification is available
on certain websites, there would be an information stop until 1 wk prior
Embedded World.
Kind regards,
Michel -----Original Message-----
From: lpc2000@lpc2... [mailto:lpc2000@lpc2...] On Behalf Of
Rob Jansen
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 8:14 AM
To: lpc2000@lpc2...
Subject: [lpc2000] Philips way of dealing with documentation lpc2103 /
lpc3000
Ok,

this is an LPC2000 group, but what about the lpc3000 ?

I found an lpc3000 evaluation board from Nohau
(http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html), priced at $995 ...
But at the Philips website all I can find is the announcement from
February 23:
Samples available Q2 2005, Realview Developer kit available from
mid 2005 ???

No datasheet, no user manual, not even a block diagram ???
(For a block diagram we have to look at an article at ARM's website:
http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf).

And the lpc2103 ?

My nice board (ehh Christmas tree) is due to arrive today or tomorrow.
But at the Philips website ?

Preliminary datasheet, no user manual ???
- Yes I know, there is a priliminary user manual (without internal Links
size optimized ???) available in the files section of this group.

But the fact is that this kind of information should be up to date and
available from the Philips website ...

Regards,

Rob
SPONSORED LINKS Microprocessor
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Mic
rocontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=t
sVC-J9hJ5qyXg0WPR0l6g>

Microcontrollers
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=M
icrocontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig
=DvJVNqC_pqRTm8Xq01nxwg>

Pic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Pic+microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&
w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&
.sig=TpkoX4KofDJ7c6LyBvUqVQ> microcontrollers 8051
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k51+microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w
2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.
sig=1Ipf1Fjfbd_HVIlekkDP-A> microprocessor

_____

> Terms of Service.
_____


--- In lpc2000@lpc2..., Rob Jansen <rob@m...> wrote:
>
> Ok,
>
> this is an LPC2000 group, but what about the lpc3000 ?
>

I'm glad someone else can remember the lpc3000 fanfare way back in
FEBRUARY!!



There's noting like creating demand before supply.

Marketing in anyone's language works this way - regardless of
silicon mfg. JG

--- In lpc2000@lpc2..., Rob Jansen <rob@m...> wrote:
>
> Ok,
>
> this is an LPC2000 group, but what about the lpc3000 ?
>
> I found an lpc3000 evaluation board from Nohau
> (http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html), priced at $995 ...
> But at the Philips website all I can find is the announcement
from
> February 23:
> Samples available Q2 2005, Realview Developer kit
available from
> mid 2005 ???
>
> No datasheet, no user manual, not even a block diagram ???
> (For a block diagram we have to look at an article at ARM's
website:
> http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf).
>
> And the lpc2103 ?



Michel,

did you hear something about the upcoming LPC23xx familiy too? I'm heavily
interested into knowing when the first sample will be available and when
the production will start.

Regards
Herbert

At 08:27 19.12.2005, you wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Last week I followed an LPC2000 presentation with
>representatives from the Philips Microcontroller Business Unit (NL) present
>at Silica (Avnet).
>
> The man that gave the presentation and product
>roadmap, explained that Nohau is currently busy with an EVAL-board and that
>
> the introductory date will be done 1 week before the
>Embedded World Trade Fair (mid) Feb. 2006.
>
> Although some ref. brief specification is available
>on certain websites, there would be an information stop until 1 wk prior
>Embedded World. >
> Kind regards, >
> Michel >-----Original Message-----
>From: lpc2000@lpc2... [mailto:lpc2000@lpc2...] On Behalf Of
>Rob Jansen
>Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 8:14 AM
>To: lpc2000@lpc2...
>Subject: [lpc2000] Philips way of dealing with documentation lpc2103 /
>lpc3000 >
>Ok,
>
>this is an LPC2000 group, but what about the lpc3000 ?
>
>I found an lpc3000 evaluation board from Nohau
>(<http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html)," target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html),>http://www.nohau.com/emularm/lpc3000.html),
>priced at $995 ...
>But at the Philips website all I can find is the announcement from
>February 23:
> Samples available Q2 2005, Realview Developer kit available from
>mid 2005 ???
>
>No datasheet, no user manual, not even a block diagram ???
>(For a block diagram we have to look at an article at ARM's website:
><http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf).>http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/8857.pdf).
>
>And the lpc2103 ?
>
>My nice board (ehh Christmas tree) is due to arrive today or tomorrow.
>But at the Philips website ?
>
>Preliminary datasheet, no user manual ???
>- Yes I know, there is a priliminary user manual (without internal Links
>size optimized ???) available in the files section of this group.
>
>But the fact is that this kind of information should be up to date and
>available from the Philips website ...
>
>Regards,
>
> Rob >
>SPONSORED LINKS >Microprocessor
><<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Mic" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Mic>http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Mic
>rocontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=t
>sVC-J9hJ5qyXg0WPR0l6g>
>
>Microcontrollers
><<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=M" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=M>http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=M
>icrocontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig
>=DvJVNqC_pqRTm8Xq01nxwg>
>
>Pic
><<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Pic+microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Pic+microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&>http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Pic+microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&
>w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&
>.sig=TpkoX4KofDJ7c6LyBvUqVQ> microcontrollers >8051
><<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k51+microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k51+microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w>http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k51+microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w
>2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.
>sig=1Ipf1Fjfbd_HVIlekkDP-A> microprocessor >
>
> _____
>
>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
>Terms of Service. >
> _____ >
>
>SPONSORED LINKS
><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=tsVC-J9hJ5qyXg0WPR0l6g>Microprocessor
><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=DvJVNqC_pqRTm8Xq01nxwg>Microcontrollers
><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Pic+microcontrollers&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=TpkoX4KofDJ7c6LyBvUqVQ>Pic
>microcontrollers
><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k51+microprocessor&w1=Microprocessor&w2=Microcontrollers&w3=Pic+microcontrollers&w451+microprocessor&c=4&s&.sig=1Ipf1Fjfbd_HVIlekkDP-A>8051
>microprocessor >----------
>>Yahoo! Terms of Service. >----------