Forums

Philips support Email

Started by haack0815 March 24, 2004
Hi

has anyone used the philips "" support email
address ?
How long are the time to get an answer to your questions ?

Andreas



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

At 05:24 PM 3/24/04 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>has anyone used the philips "" support email
>address ?
>How long are the time to get an answer to your questions ?

Hopefully better than the query interface (web based) I used. I sent in a
question in August and never heard back. This list has been a lot more useful.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions,
be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to
chew a radio signal. "

Kelvin Throop, III



Hi Robert,

it is better.
My first email seems to be lost in space. But the second one I send on
Monday is answered shortly after I post to the forum.

Andreas

--- In , Robert Adsett <subscriptions@a...> wrote:
> At 05:24 PM 3/24/04 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >has anyone used the philips "micro.support@p..." support email
> >address ?
> >How long are the time to get an answer to your questions ?
>
> Hopefully better than the query interface (web based) I used. I
sent in a
> question in August and never heard back. This list has been a lot
more useful.
>
> Robert
>
> " 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions,
> be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to
> chew a radio signal. "
>
> Kelvin Throop, III




>>has anyone used the philips "micro.support@p..." support email
>>address ?
>>How long are the time to get an answer to your questions ?
>
>Hopefully better than the query interface (web based) I used. I sent
>in a
>question in August and never heard back. This list has been a lot
>more useful.

So I guess I'm lucky! I've used Web based interface to ask question
too, it took only 2 weeks before I got message that my question is
forwarded to the person in charge ;)

Tsvetan



On Saturday 27 March 2004 05:32, you wrote:
> >>has anyone used the philips "micro.support@p..." support email
> >>address ?
> >>How long are the time to get an answer to your questions ?
> >
> >Hopefully better than the query interface (web based) I used. I sent
> >in a
> >question in August and never heard back. This list has been a lot
> >more useful.
>
> So I guess I'm lucky! I've used Web based interface to ask question
> too, it took only 2 weeks before I got message that my question is
> forwarded to the person in charge ;)
>
> Tsvetan

I used the system three times and got a response in one day twice and two
days once.

But still, I think posting to this group is the best way to boost knowledge
for everyone.

-- Charles