USART0's FIFO empty question

Started by naderus2000 March 1, 2007
I need to fill 16 byte each time i recieve INT.so i must sure the the
FIFO is empty.

For testing that the USART0's FIFO is fully empty is it enough to check
the THRE or must test the TEMT?

An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

At 08:32 PM 3/1/2007 +0000, naderus2000 wrote:
>I need to fill 16 byte each time i recieve INT.so i must sure the the
>FIFO is empty.

If you receive the transmit interrupt the FIFO is empty.

Robert

http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/

From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
ME - "Anything we can do about lead time? 37 days seems a bit high."
Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is live.... we
currently have stock."
thanks,
what is the different between TEMT and THRE bit?
when should i use TEMT?

Robert Adsett wrote:
At 08:32 PM 3/1/2007 +0000, naderus2000 wrote:
>I need to fill 16 byte each time i recieve INT.so i must sure the the
>FIFO is empty.

If you receive the transmit interrupt the FIFO is empty.

Robert

http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/

>From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
ME - "Anything we can do about lead time? 37 days seems a bit high."
Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is live.... we
currently have stock."

---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
If you want to be sure that all characters in transmitter are
transmitted completely you can use TEMT.
TEMT indicate that the last char in shift register has been
transmitted whereas THRE indicates that last char has been moved to
the Transmit Shift register.

Suvidh
--- In l..., nader chinichian wrote:
>
> thanks,
> what is the different between TEMT and THRE bit?
> when should i use TEMT?
>
> Robert Adsett wrote:
> At 08:32 PM 3/1/2007 +0000, naderus2000 wrote:
> >I need to fill 16 byte each time i recieve INT.so i must sure the the
> >FIFO is empty.
>
> If you receive the transmit interrupt the FIFO is empty.
>
> Robert
>
> http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/
>
> From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the
guilty)
> ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
> Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
> ME - "Anything we can do about lead time? 37 days seems a bit high."
> Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is
live.... we
> currently have stock."
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful
email and get things done faster.
>
>
>