CodeSourcery GNU tool chain for ARM-NONE-EABI

Started by ravi February 16, 2008
Hi All,

I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux as
Host machine.
I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.
When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error not found> says.
Anybody tried the codesourcery on linux for ARM bare board (ARM-EABI)?????
Thank you in Advance,
----Shankar

An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

Hi Mukund,

How to check this on linux?

regards,
Shankar

On Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh wrote:

> >
> > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux
> as
> > Host machine.
> > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.
> > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error
> > > > not found> says.
>
> Did you try with makefile?
>
> May be the compiler binary is not in your path.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Mukund Deshmukh,
> Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.
> 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,
> Nagpur -440022 India.
> Web site - http://betacomp.com
>
> MEET US AT,
>
> Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.
>
>
>

--
regards
ravi
>
> I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux as
> Host machine.
> I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.
> When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error
> > not found> says.

Did you try with makefile?

May be the compiler binary is not in your path.

Warm Regards,

Mukund Deshmukh,
Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.
10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,
Nagpur -440022 India.
Web site - http://betacomp.com

MEET US AT,

Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.
Did any one ported linux / uClinux successfully and developed any simple application on to any of LPC21XX devices or LPC2xxx ?

Natarajan

ravi wrote:
Hi Mukund,

How to check this on linux?

regards,
Shankar

On Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh wrote:

> >
> > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux
> as
> > Host machine.
> > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.
> > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error
> > > > not found> says.
>
> Did you try with makefile?
>
> May be the compiler binary is not in your path.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Mukund Deshmukh,
> Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.
> 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,
> Nagpur -440022 India.
> Web site - http://betacomp.com
>
> MEET US AT,
>
> Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.
>

--
regards
ravi



---------------------------------
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
Ravi,

>From a console type:

env

That will report all of your environment variables including the path, to
see the path quickly type:

env|grep PATH

Make certain that the bin folder for you toolchain is in the path variable.

If it isn't you should be able to add it (assuming you use BASH here and
have nano installed, if you do not have nano just replace it with you
favourite editor) by typing the following command:

nano ~/.bashrc

Then add a new line to the end of your .bashrc file, I have the following:

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Program_Files/GCC-4.1.0-ARM/bin

Naturally you will need to change that bit on the end to reflect the
location of your toolchain.

Good luck

Ryan
On 2/16/08, ravi wrote:
>
> Hi Mukund,
>
> How to check this on linux?
>
> regards,
> Shankar
>
> On Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh >
> wrote:
>
> > >
> > > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux
> > as
> > > Host machine.
> > > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.
> > > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error
> > > > > > not found> says.
> >
> > Did you try with makefile?
> >
> > May be the compiler binary is not in your path.
> >
> > Warm Regards,
> >
> > Mukund Deshmukh,
> > Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.
> > 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,
> > Nagpur -440022 India.
> > Web site - http://betacomp.com
> >
> > MEET US AT,
> >
> > Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.
> >
> >
> > --
> regards
> ravi
>
>
>
>
>
Yes,
In the LPC2294
Miguel
To: l...From: c...@yahoo.comDate: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:53:54 -0800Subject: [lpc2000] did any one try their hand on porting linux on to LPC 2XXX...

Did any one ported linux / uClinux successfully and developed any simple application on to any of LPC21XX devices or LPC2xxx ?Natarajanravi wrote:Hi Mukund,How to check this on linux?regards,ShankarOn Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh wrote:> >> > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux> as> > Host machine.> > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.> > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error> > > not found> says.>> Did you try with makefile?>> May be the compiler binary is not in your path.>> Warm Regards,>> Mukund Deshmukh,> Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.> 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,> Nagpur -440022 India.> Web site - http://betacomp.com>> MEET US AT,>> Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.>> >-- regardsravi---------------------------------Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

_________________________________________________________________
Conhe o Windows Live Spaces, a rede de relacionamentos do Messenger!
http://www.amigosdomessenger.com.br/





Dear Miguel,
Have U ported uCLinux on LPC21XX CPUs.?
Has anybody done that ?

Ravi
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 Miguel Wisintainer wrote :
>
>Yes,
>In the LPC2294
>Miguel
>To: l...From: c...@yahoo.comDate: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:53:54 -0800Subject: [lpc2000] did any one try their hand on porting linux on to LPC 2XXX...
>Did any one ported linux / uClinux successfully and developed any simple application on to any of LPC21XX devices or LPC2xxx ?Natarajanravi wrote:Hi Mukund,How to check this on linux?regards,ShankarOn Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh wrote:> >> > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux> as> > Host machine.> > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.> > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error> > > not found> says.>> Did you try with makefile?>> May be the compiler binary is not in your path.>> Warm Regards,>> Mukund Deshmukh,> Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.> 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,> Nagpur -440022 India.> Web site - http://betacomp.com>> MEET US AT,>> Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.>> >-- regardsravi[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
>_________________________________________________________________
>Conhe o Windows Live Spaces, a rede de relacionamentos do Messenger!
>http://www.amigosdomessenger.com.br/
>
>
>




Yes,
Its workiing...i used the ULRICH model, in a LPC2294...works great!
I mounted only because i want curious!
http://www.basic4ever.com/IMG_0141.JPG
I mounted to LPC2294, ARM9 and AXIS.
Miguel
To: l...From: p...@rediffmail.comDate: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 03:58:22 +0000Subject: Re: RE: [lpc2000] did any one try their hand on porting linux on to LPC 2XXX...

Dear Miguel, Have U ported uCLinux on LPC21XX CPUs.?Has anybody done that ?RaviOn Mon, 18 Feb 2008 Miguel Wisintainer wrote :>>Yes,>In the LPC2294>Miguel>>>To: l...From: c...@yahoo.comDate: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:53:54 -0800Subject: [lpc2000] did any one try their hand on porting linux on to LPC 2XXX...>>>>>Did any one ported linux / uClinux successfully and developed any simple application on to any of LPC21XX devices or LPC2xxx ?Natarajanravi wrote:Hi Mukund,How to check this on linux?regards,ShankarOn Feb 16, 2008 5:22 PM, Mukund Deshmukh wrote:> >> > I have downloaded the gcc compiler for ARM from codesourcery for Linux> as> > Host machine.> > I followed the steps suggested as in codesourcery.> > When I tried to compile the code in linux Konsole window, the error> > > not found> says.>> Did you try with makefile?>> May be the compiler binary is not in your path.>> Warm Regards,>> Mukund Deshmukh,> Beta Computronics Pvt Ltd.> 10/1 IT Park, Parsodi,> Nagpur -440022 India.> Web site - http://betacomp.com>> MEET US AT,>> Chinaplas 2008, Shanghai, China.>> >-- regardsravi[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>>>>>>__________________________________________________________>Conhe o Windows Live Spaces, a rede de relacionamentos do Messenger!>http://www.amigosdomessenger.com.br/>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

_________________________________________________________________
Confira veos com notias do NY Times, gols direto do Lance, videocassetadas e muito mais no MSN Video!
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=pt-br