eCos driver writing help

Started by teunvandeberg September 13, 2004
I am going to write a SPI driver for eCos on the LPC2106, but writing
drivers for eCos is all pretty vague. Can anyone give some general
directions? Thanks!
Teun



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series


On Monday, September 13, 2004, at 07:51 AM, teunvandeberg wrote:

>
> I am going to write a SPI driver for eCos on the LPC2106, but writing
> drivers for eCos is all pretty vague. Can anyone give some general
> directions? Thanks!
> Teun
>

I saw some threads go by on the eCos list regarding a SPI driver
architecture - you would certainly want to fit within that.

Does eCos fit in a LPC2106?

Shannon




Shannon Holland wrote:
>
> On Monday, September 13, 2004, at 07:51 AM, teunvandeberg wrote:
>
> >
> > I am going to write a SPI driver for eCos on the LPC2106, but writing
> > drivers for eCos is all pretty vague. Can anyone give some general
> > directions? Thanks!
> > Teun
> >
>
> I saw some threads go by on the eCos list regarding a SPI driver
> architecture - you would certainly want to fit within that.
>
> Does eCos fit in a LPC2106?
>
> Shannon

The -current repository has a SPI driver for the EB55.
Perhaps you could use it as a reference.

eCos will fit is run from flash with minimal features.
We're trying to squeeze it into the LPC2294. Dave



Thanks! That helps a lot! Still, is there no good description of how
to build a driver for eCos? I'm not so fond of the "use the force,
read the source" approach.
Yea, the patch for the LCP2106 can be found on:
http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/show_bug.cgi?id00068

Teun

--- In , David Roethig <daver@c...> wrote:
>
> Shannon Holland wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, September 13, 2004, at 07:51 AM, teunvandeberg wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > I am going to write a SPI driver for eCos on the LPC2106, but
writing
> > > drivers for eCos is all pretty vague. Can anyone give some
general
> > > directions? Thanks!
> > > Teun
> > >
> >
> > I saw some threads go by on the eCos list regarding a SPI driver
> > architecture - you would certainly want to fit within that.
> >
> > Does eCos fit in a LPC2106?
> >
> > Shannon
>
> The -current repository has a SPI driver for the EB55.
> Perhaps you could use it as a reference.
>
> eCos will fit is run from flash with minimal features.
> We're trying to squeeze it into the LPC2294. > Dave