IAR C++ compiler / C++ standard

Started by "maier.thomas58" October 28, 2008
Hi,
my actuall task is to compare the IAR C++ language with the C++
standard. Beside the main differences in the IAR datasheet i'm
interested in the diffrences which is the result of intensiv usage.
For me it's difficult, because i just started to use the IAR Compiler!
Maybe you have some suggestions?!
Thanks,
Thomas

An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

Hi,

I can not really help you since I am not using C++ in embedded projects,
but you made me curious.
Can you please explain a bit more what you mean by "intensive usage"?
Also I don't see how "usage effects" relate to the compliance to the
standard. Is the standard saying something about execution times or
resource usage? What effects are you after?

Foltos

maier.thomas58 wrote:
> Hi,
> my actuall task is to compare the IAR C++ language with the C++
> standard. Beside the main differences in the IAR datasheet i'm
> interested in the diffrences which is the result of intensiv usage.
> For me it's difficult, because i just started to use the IAR Compiler!
> Maybe you have some suggestions?!
> Thanks,
> Thomas
>
hi,
i search for things like the missing exception handling, multiple
inheritance....some real diffrences to the C++ standard (is it
possible to import a C++ file direct to the IAR compiler). I think the
Datasheet includes not all differences?!.
Thanks, Thomas

--- In l..., Foltos wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I can not really help you since I am not using C++ in embedded
projects,
> but you made me curious.
> Can you please explain a bit more what you mean by "intensive usage"?
> Also I don't see how "usage effects" relate to the compliance to the
> standard. Is the standard saying something about execution times or
> resource usage? What effects are you after?
>
> Foltos
>
> maier.thomas58 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > my actuall task is to compare the IAR C++ language with the C++
> > standard. Beside the main differences in the IAR datasheet i'm
> > interested in the diffrences which is the result of intensiv usage.
> > For me it's difficult, because i just started to use the IAR Compiler!
> > Maybe you have some suggestions?!
> > Thanks,
> > Thomas
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:33 PM, maier.thomas58
wrote:
> hi,
> i search for things like the missing exception handling, multiple
> inheritance....some real diffrences to the C++ standard (is it
> possible to import a C++ file direct to the IAR compiler). I think the
> Datasheet includes not all differences?!.

Maybe this will help.
http://www.iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/467/1/index.php

Xiaofan