Forums

Olimex LPC2124

Started by s_bencke October 20, 2004

Hi,
Somebody knows if the development kit of Olimex LPC-E2124 came with a
good satck TCP/IP or it is just the hardware?
Thanks



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

I ported uIP to the E2124, and it's working well.

--
Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
CrossWorks for MSP430, ARM, and (soon) Atmel AVR processors

> -----Original Message-----
> From: s_bencke [mailto:]
> Sent: 20 October 2004 20:36
> To:
> Subject: [lpc2000] Olimex LPC2124 >
> Hi,
> Somebody knows if the development kit of Olimex LPC-E2124
> came with a good satck TCP/IP or it is just the hardware?
> Thanks >
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> --------------------~-->
> $9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/dN_tlB/TM
> --------------------------
> ------~- > Yahoo! Groups Links >



I take a look in the uIP site and I don't find the port for LPC2XXX. Are you having problems with this stack? Do you recommend it?
Thanks
SB De:"Paul Curtis"

Para:

Cia:

Data:Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:38:33 +0100

Assunto:RE: [lpc2000] Olimex LPC2124
>
> I ported uIP to the E2124, and it's working well.
>
> --
> Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
> CrossWorks for MSP430, ARM, and (soon) Atmel AVR processors
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: s_bencke [mailto:]
> > Sent: 20 October 2004 20:36
> > To:
> > Subject: [lpc2000] Olimex LPC2124
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> > Somebody knows if the development kit of Olimex LPC-E2124
> > came with a good satck TCP/IP or it is just the hardware?
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > --------------------~-->
> > $9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/dN_tlB/TM
> > --------------------------
> > ------~->
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links



Hi,

> take a look in the uIP site and I don't find the port for
> LPC2XXX.

Yes, that's because (as I said) I ported the stack to the E2124 and
wrote the device drivers for it. I haven't bothered doing much else
with it, Tsvetan wanted to know whether the E2124 could run a simple Web
server, so I moved to code to the board and ran it. I provided Tsvetan
with the hex file which can be blown into the E2124 using the BSL to
turn it into a web server.

> Are you having problems with this stack?

No, I never said I had any problems with it. I haven't used it other
than to check telnet, ftp, and HTTP services.

> Do you recommend it?

I don't recommend anything--who knows whether it fits your requirements?
If you want to see whether it fits your needs, then download and
evaluate the stack yourself and get it ported to the E2124. I mean, it
wasn't difficult, I read the CS8900A data sheet, read the uIP
documentation, and then wrote the code. The driver is about 200 code
lines.

--
Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
CrossWorks for MSP430, ARM, and (soon) Atmel AVR processors