eCos port for the Ashling LPC2106 development board?

Started by smt5211 January 21, 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know where to get the eCos support on the AShling LPC2106
development board?

Much appreciated.

We have tried following the instructions at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-09/msg00135.html

... but we had a lot of trouble actually applying the patch: it didn't
seem to work, and we dont know which version of eCos we are supposed
to patch.

Regards,
Shane.




An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series


This might help..

http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecos/ecospro.shtml

Amit

--- In , "smt5211" <from-yahoo@d...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where to get the eCos support on the AShling
LPC2106
> development board?
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> We have tried following the instructions at:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-09/msg00135.html
>
> ... but we had a lot of trouble actually applying the patch: it
didn't
> seem to work, and we dont know which version of eCos we are supposed
> to patch.
>
> Regards,
> Shane.





--- In , "smt5211" <from-yahoo@d...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where to get the eCos support on the AShling
LPC2106
> development board?
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> We have tried following the instructions at:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-09/msg00135.html
>
> ... but we had a lot of trouble actually applying the patch: it
didn't
> seem to work, and we dont know which version of eCos we are supposed
> to patch.
>
> Regards,
> Shane.

I'm not sure what your requirements are, but you might like to take a
look at http://www.FreeRTOS.org as an alternative. LPC2106 is
supported.

Regards.




Unfortunately, we can't go down that road - eCos Pro costs 2,500
pounds. We can't quite budget for that at the moment.

--- In , "Amit" <emailakb@y...> wrote:

> This might help..
>
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecos/ecospro.shtml
>
> Amit





--- In , "Richard" <nospam@F...> wrote:
>
> --- In , "smt5211" <from-yahoo@d...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know where to get the eCos support on the AShling
> LPC2106
> > development board?
> >
> > Much appreciated.
> >
> > We have tried following the instructions at:
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-09/msg00135.html
> >
> > ... but we had a lot of trouble actually applying the patch: it
> didn't
> > seem to work, and we dont know which version of eCos we are supposed
> > to patch.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shane.
>
> I'm not sure what your requirements are, but you might like to take a
> look at http://www.FreeRTOS.org as an alternative. LPC2106 is
> supported.
>
> Regards.

We can't use FreeRTOS - it doesn't have inbuilt support for a JFFS2
filing system in flash, and a USB stack. eCos supports both of these,
and a whole lot of other peripherals such as TCP/IP stacks, web
servers, etc.