Forums

GHS Integrity/Integrity-178B

Started by "M. Manca" November 29, 2012
Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar Hard
RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?
Thanks.



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

> Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar Hard
> RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?

Why not ask GHS? They don't hang around this low-rent district.

--
Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
SolderCore Development Platform http://www.soldercore.com

Il 29/11/2012 13:45, Paul Curtis ha scritto:
>
>
> > Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar Hard
> > RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?
>
> Why not ask GHS? They don't hang around this low-rent district.
>
My customer already did. We are searching for an alternative if it exists.

Some engineers here said that my questions weren't clear so I post this
question supposing it should be clear what means*Integrity or
Integrity-178B or similar Hard RTOS.*
> --
> Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
> SolderCore Development Platform http://www.soldercore.com



On 29/11/2012 12:43, M. Manca wrote:
>
>
> Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar Hard
> RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?
> Thanks.

I don't think you would get a time/space separated kernel like those to
run on a Cortex-M3 for the same reasons you would not get Linux running
on one. GHS do velocity and micro velocity for that space.

Have you considered using a small time triggered system?

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/trace
15 interconnected trace views. An indispensable productivity tool.

Hi,

> Il 29/11/2012 13:45, Paul Curtis ha scritto:
> >
> >
> > > Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar
> > > Hard RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?
> >
> > Why not ask GHS? They don't hang around this low-rent district.
> >
> My customer already did. We are searching for an alternative if it exists.
>
> Some engineers here said that my questions weren't clear so I post this
> question supposing it should be clear what means*Integrity or Integrity-
> 178B or similar Hard RTOS.*

Neither Integrity nor Integrity-178B can run on the LPC1k or 2k family
because they do not feature a full MMU, which is why I mentioned velOSity.
If you are seriously concerned about the reliability of your hardware, then
perhaps the processor doesn't stack up and you should be asking the opposite
question: "What processor must I select to meet these hard real time
requirements?" and then wonder whether Integrity would run on, say, an
LPC3k.

--
Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
SolderCore Development Platform http://www.soldercore.com

Il 29/11/2012 14:02, Paul Curtis ha scritto:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> > Il 29/11/2012 13:45, Paul Curtis ha scritto:
> > >
> > >
> > > > Has anyone used Green Hills Integrity or Integrity-178B or similar
> > > > Hard RTOS with LPC2xxx or LPC1xxx microcontroller families?
> > >
> > > Why not ask GHS? They don't hang around this low-rent district.
> > >
> > My customer already did. We are searching for an alternative if it
> exists.
> >
> > Some engineers here said that my questions weren't clear so I post this
> > question supposing it should be clear what means*Integrity or Integrity-
> > 178B or similar Hard RTOS.*
>
> Neither Integrity nor Integrity-178B can run on the LPC1k or 2k family
> because they do not feature a full MMU, which is why I mentioned velOSity.
> If you are seriously concerned about the reliability of your hardware,
> then
> perhaps the processor doesn't stack up and you should be asking the
> opposite
> question: "What processor must I select to meet these hard real time
> requirements?" and then wonder whether Integrity would run on, say, an
> LPC3k.
>
Yes, LPC3k it is also viable. I should had written LPC1xxx, LPC2xxx,
LPC3xxx.
> --
> Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
> SolderCore Development Platform http://www.soldercore.com