Forums

LPC2100 Wiki !?!

Started by Karl Olsen May 25, 2005
What happened to the LPC2100 Wiki?
http://www.open-research.org.uk/ARMuC/index.cgi?LPC2100Tips
Could somebody please undo this?

Karl Olsen



An Engineer's Guide to the LPC2100 Series

Karl Olsen wrote:

>What happened to the LPC2100 Wiki?
>http://www.open-research.org.uk/ARMuC/index.cgi?LPC2100Tips
>Could somebody please undo this?
>
>Karl Olsen
>
The base wiki seems okay , just the lpc2100 at91xx ML67Q and LH75 parts.
The spammer is still modifying it ? or appears to be.

Base part was okay when I first checked it.

Hopefully someone has a back up of it
Seems to be happening to quite a few wikis in the last few weeks.
Might be time to mirror it in a few places.

Either modified by a spammer or hacked.
Links seem to be Chinese based ?
Whoever it was seems to have over writen all the saved copies for the
3 , 7 and 30 day changes.

If someone can give a few instructions I have the space for a couple of
mirrors
(different servers)

Alex



At 10:22 PM 5/25/05 +1000, Alex Gibson wrote:
>Karl Olsen wrote:
>
> >What happened to the LPC2100 Wiki?
> >http://www.open-research.org.uk/ARMuC/index.cgi?LPC2100Tips
> >Could somebody please undo this?
> >
> >Karl Olsen
> >
>The base wiki seems okay , just the lpc2100 at91xx ML67Q and LH75 parts.
>The spammer is still modifying it ? or appears to be.

I just fixed that one. It'll take a while to go through them all though so
any help would be appreciated. This is the first time he's hit in some
time (close to two months I think). At one point he was doing this every day.

Interestingly Karl, your LPC2100 Tips PWM note showed up in a comment but
the page doesn't appear to be any different than the previous.

>Whoever it was seems to have over writen all the saved copies for the
>3 , 7 and 30 day changes.

Nope, they are still there, follow the view other revisions link at the
bottom of the page to see the saved revisions for each page. There is
always at least one, unless the page is new.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be
they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to chew a
radio signal. " -- Kelvin Throop, III
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/


Robert Adsett wrote:

>At 10:22 PM 5/25/05 +1000, Alex Gibson wrote: >>Karl Olsen wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>What happened to the LPC2100 Wiki?
>>>http://www.open-research.org.uk/ARMuC/index.cgi?LPC2100Tips
>>>Could somebody please undo this?
>>>
>>>Karl Olsen
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>The base wiki seems okay , just the lpc2100 at91xx ML67Q and LH75 parts.
>>The spammer is still modifying it ? or appears to be.
>>
>>
>
>I just fixed that one. It'll take a while to go through them all though so
>any help would be appreciated. This is the first time he's hit in some
>time (close to two months I think). At one point he was doing this every day.
>
Can't get the directory saved to a tar or tgz everyday then if it gets
spammed just
delete the current contents and untar ?

Save the hassle of having to manually check and fix it all.

What would be the easiest way to mirror the wiki ?
Have the mirrored one/s non-modifiable and just update from the proper
one every few days or once a week.

Alex



At 12:03 AM 5/26/05 +1000, Alex Gibson wrote:
>Robert Adsett wrote:
>
> >At 10:22 PM 5/25/05 +1000, Alex Gibson wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Karl Olsen wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>>What happened to the LPC2100 Wiki?
> >>>http://www.open-research.org.uk/ARMuC/index.cgi?LPC2100Tips
> >>>Could somebody please undo this?
> >>>
> >>>Karl Olsen
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>The base wiki seems okay , just the lpc2100 at91xx ML67Q and LH75 parts.
> >>The spammer is still modifying it ? or appears to be.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >I just fixed that one. It'll take a while to go through them all though so
> >any help would be appreciated. This is the first time he's hit in some
> >time (close to two months I think). At one point he was doing this
> every day.
> >
>Can't get the directory saved to a tar or tgz everyday then if it gets
>spammed just
>delete the current contents and untar ?

I have no idea. I don't manage the wiki, just doing a little bit to
discourage the vandals. It's a sort of many hands make light work
thing. I think all that's left to do now is erase the garbage pages the
vandal put up.

>Save the hassle of having to manually check and fix it all.

The downside I see to that is you also wipe out any changes made since then
by other than vandals. I do know that some wikis have management tools to
help with this sort of problem including ban lists. I don't know if this
one does. There was a major improvement when it was converted to allowing
editing by registered users only.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be
they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to chew a
radio signal. " -- Kelvin Throop, III
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/