Forums

Image processing with MSP430

Started by anbu...@yahoo.com February 12, 2014
Hi, I'm new to the group, My question is does image processing is possible with MSP430G2? Actually I'm new to MSP430. I'm good at arduino. Does an MSP contain RF transceiver within itself? Please help me

Beginning Microcontrollers with the MSP430

Image processing is possible with the MSP430, but it is depends what you
want to do, simple stuff is OK, complex is not really feasible. The
CC430 family combines an MSP430 micro and an RF transceiver.

Al

On 13/02/2014 3:19 AM, a...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to the group, My question is does image processing is
> possible with MSP430G2? Actually I'm new to MSP430. I'm good at
> arduino. Does an MSP contain RF transceiver within itself? Please help me
>
Hi OP,

If you are doing image processing I would bump up to a bigger beefier chip
unless:

A. You need your application to be very low power.
B. You want to learn the msp430.
C. You want a challenge muscling every bit of power out of the chip while
writing very efficient code.

Cheers,
Jake
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Onestone wrote:

> Image processing is possible with the MSP430, but it is depends what you
> want to do, simple stuff is OK, complex is not really feasible. The CC430
> family combines an MSP430 micro and an RF transceiver.
>
> Al
> On 13/02/2014 3:19 AM, a...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm new to the group, My question is does image processing is
> possible with MSP430G2? Actually I'm new to MSP430. I'm good at arduino.
> Does an MSP contain RF transceiver within itself? Please help me
>
>

--
Thomas J. Grajewski
Thanks for your reply guys, Actually there is a competition in my college. The task is to identify the specified colour area (some red or yellow circle) and to reach there (our bot) , the camera is placed above the arena. The camera is connected to the participant laptop. From the image data i have to program my MSP to locate the specified colour circle. How can i start ? Any idea, suggestions plz Thanks
My guess is that you've been set this task to make you think, not to see
how easy it is to get free solutions. having said that.

So does the laptop have to identify the location or can you do that your
self, it doesn't sound like the camera is connected to the MSP at all,
so why image process there? the laptop is a more logical choice,
otherwise you must convert the camera image on the laptop to a form the
MSP can easily work with, and the simplest s probably RGB. You will need
to preprogram a colour map, so that the range of RED colours and Yellows
in RGB format is known. Or is your question more about how do you figure
out how to control the robot?

Confused? If the purpose is to learn the MSP why route through the
laptop, if not why not do the image processing, on the laptop? The task
to me seems illogical.

Al
On 14/02/2014 1:35 AM, a...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks for your reply guys, Actually there is a competition in my
> college. The task is to identify the specified colour area (some red
> or yellow circle) and to reach there (our bot) , the camera is placed
> above the arena. The camera is connected to the participant laptop.
> From the image data i have to program my MSP to locate the specified
> colour circle. How can i start ? Any idea, suggestions plz
> Thanks
>
Hey Onestone, The event is being sponsored by TEXAS, their aim is to make MSP to reach students. I'll provide you the problem statement of the event. Check this link and reply friend.http://www.pragyan.org/14/home/events/robovigyan/bank_job/ http://www.pragyan.org/14/home/events/robovigyan/bank_job/
I'm trying to help, but I'm too busy to take more than a few minutes
over this.

Al

On 14/02/2014 2:19 AM, a...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hey Onestone,
> The event is being sponsored by TEXAS, their aim is to make MSP to
> reach students. I'll provide you the problem statement of the event.
> Check this link and reply
> friend.http://www.pragyan.org/14/home/events/robovigyan/bank_job/
>
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM, wrote:

>
> The event is being sponsored by TEXAS, their aim is to make MSP to reach
> students. I'll provide you the problem statement of the event. Check this
> link and reply friend.
> http://www.pragyan.org/14/home/events/robovigyan/bank_job/
The event rules are specified so poorly I want to scream.

-p.
Peter Johansson wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM, > > wrote:
> The event is being sponsored by TEXAS, their aim is to make MSP to
> reach students. I'll provide you the problem statement of the
> event. Check this link and reply
> friend.http://www.pragyan.org/14/home/events/robovigyan/bank_job/
>
> The event rules are specified so poorly I want to scream.
Yea, I read the PDF and wondered if this was for real.

Best, Dan.



Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/msp430/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/msp430/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
m...
m...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
m...

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
What can we do for that?