DC v10.72 RFU

Started by "Ste...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi]" January 8, 2018
I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menu is configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.
Any ideas?
Steve
You mean it doesn’t look like this, with Start and Cancel in the lower right?

It might be related to UI settings. If you’re scaling your UI to 125%, perhaps the Start button is pushed out of the window? This screenshot is from a Windows 7 VM on my MacBook Pro’s HiDPI display. Can you resize that window and get it to show the buttons?

I’ve run into various problems on the HiDPI display with other programs, and sometimes just see the top edge of buttons in a window.

-Tom
> On Jan 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Steve Trigero s...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:
> I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start
> programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menu
> is configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Steve
As Tom said, it’s a UI scaling issue. Luckily the send button is the default push button for the dialog box and you can just press ENTER even if you don’t see the button.

You can also press the Maximize button (the one next to close) and than you should see the send button.
---
Mircea Neacsu
M: +1 (514) 591-0329
E: m...@neacsu.net

Sent in Morse code from my rotary phone
> On Jan 8, 2018, at 12:14, Tom Collins t...@tomlogic.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:
>
> You mean it doesn’t look like this, with Start and Cancel in the lower right?
> It might be related to UI settings. If you’re scaling your UI to 125%, perhaps the Start button is pushed out of the window? This screenshot is from a Windows 7 VM on my MacBook Pro’s HiDPI display. Can you resize that window and get it to show the buttons?
>
> I’ve run into various problems on the HiDPI display with other programs, and sometimes just see the top edge of buttons in a window.
>
> -Tom
>> On Jan 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Steve Trigero s...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:
>> I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start
>> programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menu
>> is configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Steve
>>
I believe you need to change character size in windows setting.

Regards,

Yang

From: r... [mailto:r...]
Sent: January 8, 2018 12:07 PM
To: r...
Subject: [rabbit-semi] DC v10.72 RFU

I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start

programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menu

is configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.

Any ideas?

Steve
Hello,

Use display setting->scale and layout (change the size of text, apps, and other items)

Regards,

Yang

From: r... [mailto:r...]
Sent: January 8, 2018 12:07 PM
To: r...
Subject: [rabbit-semi] DC v10.72 RFU

I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start

programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menu

is configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.

Any ideas?

Steve
Correct, it doesn't look like that. I've even maximized the window, and still nothing.  The bottom of the "Ports" frame is not visible either. So it does look like a scaling issue. But even maximized there is nothing. I'll look into display scaling. I think I have to reboot when that is changed.

On ‎Monday‎, ‎January‎ ‎08‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎15‎:‎04‎ ‎AM, Tom Collins t...@tomlogic.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:

 
You mean it doesn’t look like this, with Start and Cancel in the lower right?
It might be related to UI settings.  If you’re scaling your UI to 125%, perhaps the Start button is pushed out of the window?  This screenshot is from a Windows 7 VM on my MacBook Pro’s HiDPI display..  Can you resize that window and get it to show the buttons?
I’ve run into various problems on the HiDPI display with other programs, and sometimes just see the top edge of buttons in a window.
-Tom
On Jan 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Steve Trigero s...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:

I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menuis configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.
Any ideas?
Steve
The display was set to 125%.  Setting it back to 100% solved the issue.

On ‎Monday‎, ‎January‎ ‎08‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎46‎:‎32‎ ‎AM, Steve Trigero s...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:

 

Correct, it doesn't look like that. I've even maximized the window, and still nothing.  The bottom of the "Ports" frame is not visible either. So it does look like a scaling issue. But even maximized there is nothing. I'll look into display scaling. I think I have to reboot when that is changed.

On ‎Monday‎, ‎January‎ ‎08‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎15‎:‎04‎ ‎AM, Tom Collins t...@tomlogic.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:

 
You mean it doesn’t look like this, with Start and Cancel in the lower right?
It might be related to UI settings.  If you’re scaling your UI to 125%, perhaps the Start button is pushed out of the window?  This screenshot is from a Windows 7 VM on my MacBook Pro’s HiDPI display..  Can you resize that window and get it to show the buttons?
I’ve run into various problems on the HiDPI display with other programs, and sometimes just see the top edge of buttons in a window.
-Tom
On Jan 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Steve Trigero s...@yahoo.com [rabbit-semi] wrote:

I tried using the Windows RFU to program an RCM6750 and there is no longer a button on the main window to tell it to start programming. The image file is set, the processor type selected, the port to use is selected, the communications options menuis configured, file locations are set. Everything is as it should be, but I have no way to launch the programming. Very weird.
Any ideas?
Steve
The download link for dynamic c dont work at all. I need urgent a RFU working version with windows 7 I have 2 cables original from DIGI refusing to save firmware on RCM3100. RFU 2.45 fails. Need to get the latest RFU but DIGI site is broken!

Test yourself
https://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pidI78 https://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pidI78

try to download...
I’ve notified people at Digi about the problem. I had been able to download it just 7-10 days ago to install on a new machine, so this is a new website issue. I’d recommend trying every hour or so until it’s available.

Dynamic C 10.72C ships with RFU 4.72, which is the same version from all of the 10.72 releases. And that version does support the Rabbit 2000 and 3000-based products.

-Tom
> On Feb 26, 2018, at 7:48 AM, g...@petrobox.net [rabbit-semi] wrote:
>
> The download link for dynamic c dont work at all. I need urgent a RFU working version with windows 7 I have 2 cables original from DIGI refusing to save firmware on RCM3100. RFU 2.45 fails. Need to get the latest RFU but DIGI site is broken!
>
> Test yourself
> https://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pidI78 try to download...