EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums
Memfault Beyond the Launch

12-bit ADC in MSP430FR2476 seems not to work properly

Started by Skfir 2 years ago2 replieslatest reply 2 years ago122 views

Hello friends! This is my very first question on this site. Here is the problem: I am trying to initialize the 12-bit built-in ADC on MSP430FR2476, but no matter what I do it seems to work at 10 bits. I change the resolution bits in a control register and alas, to no avail. No matter what I have tried nothing helps, always 10 bits. Please help, here is a snippet of the code:

//Configuring ADC

PMMCTL2 |= (INTREFEN);         //Internal reference ,default 1.5V

ADCCTL0=ADCCTL1 = 0;           //Ensuring that the ADC is off

ADCCTL0 |= (ADCSHT_7 +ADCMSC);                    //sample and hold time = 64clk, multiple conversion

ADCCTL1 |= (ADCSHP + ADCSSEL_2 + ADCCONSEQ_1*+ ADCDIV_7);        //Conversion is triggered                                  //manually, ADC clock source - SMCLK/8 ~2Mhz, sequence of channels single                                              //conversion,

ADCCTL2 |= (ADCRES_2);                                //12 bit resolution

ADCMCTL0 |= (ADCSREF_1 + ADCINCH_1);                   //Employing the internal reference and starting                                                                                                //conversion from A1 (P1.1)

ADCIE |= ADCIE0;                                      //Activate interrupt

ADCCTL0 |= (ADCON);                             //ADC on

SYSCFG2 |= (BIT1);   //Activate ADC module on the pins (removing this line doesn't make any                                                       //difference)

//Interrupt just sends the most significant byte over UART

__attribute__((interrupt(ADC_VECTOR)))

void ADC_ISR(void){

switch(__even_in_range (ADCIV, 0x0C)){

case 0x0C:

adc_data[adc_index] = ADCMEM0;

UCA1TXBUF = (unsigned char)(ADCMEM0>>8);

break;

}

}

[ - ]
Reply by CJac78March 10, 2022

Hi Skfir,

There is a similar question "LP-MSP430FR2476: Unable to set ADC to 12 Bit Resolution" on TI forum : LP-MSP430FR2476: Unable to set ADC to 12 Bit Resolution - MSP low-power microcontroller forum - MSP low-power microcontrollers - TI E2E support forums with a solution that seems to work.

You could try it.

[ - ]
Reply by SkfirMarch 10, 2022

Works! Thank you!!

Memfault Beyond the Launch