EmbeddedRelated.com
Forums

Seeking Recommendations On Using Heat Generator in an enclosed vessel

Started by dremotion 7 years ago2 replieslatest reply 7 years ago65 views

Hi,

I am trying to develop a enclosed heating flask as a personal project. I am looking for an heating element, that I can interface with my MSP430 or MSP432. I am looking for two heating elements:

1. The heating element should be able to generate temperatures up to 150 Degree Celsius.

2. The heating element should be able to generate temperatures up to 50 Degree Celsius.

The heating element shouldn't be required to have direct contact with fluid/solid supposed to be heated.

I have never worked with heating elements before. I am unsure what devices should I be searching on the internet.Unsure with what these devices are called? Any component/part no that I should search ? How do I begin?

[ - ]
Reply by gregha04756August 23, 2017

have you checked with Watlow or Cole-Parmer?

[ - ]
Reply by Tim WescottAugust 23, 2017

"Heaters".  All you need to make it happen is resistance wire and a voltage source.  Because it's pretty easy, you're not going to find many pre-made ones: you'll be rolling your own, which means you'll be building your own flask.

You need a power switch (like a solid-state relay) to turn power on to the coil from the microprocessor, you need some resistance wire an appropriate size for the voltage you have and the power you want to dissipate, you need to make an insulating inner flask and an insulating outer wall, and you need to put it all together.