AVRStudio 4 and GCCAVR

Started by Joe March 2, 2005
Does anyone have a link to information on how to integrate AVRStudio 4 and
GCCAVR?

I've found links on avrfreaks about AVRStudio3 and GCC, but none on
AVRStudio4.

I think it would help if I could find how to specify the Tools arguments in
AVRStudio 4.

Thanks.

Joe wrote:
> Does anyone have a link to information on how to integrate AVRStudio > 4 and GCCAVR? > > I've found links on avrfreaks about AVRStudio3 and GCC, but none on > AVRStudio4. > > I think it would help if I could find how to specify the Tools > arguments in AVRStudio 4. > > Thanks.
Make sure your resulting AVR executable has the extension "obj" and it should be possible to load. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
I would like to be able to build the project (c source) from within
AVRStudio 4 (the way I can from AVRStudio 3) and, if possible, to debug it
(I assume that's what loading the executable obj will give me?).

Note: I've inherited an incomplete project from someone else and have only
used IAR Embedded Workbench previously.

thanks.

Joe wrote:
> I would like to be able to build the project (c source) from within > AVRStudio 4 (the way I can from AVRStudio 3) and, if possible, to > debug it (I assume that's what loading the executable obj will give > me?). >
There is no C project management in AVR Studio today. It might come one day, but it is, as always, unsure when one day will come. Why not run "make" from the tools menu...
> Note: I've inherited an incomplete project from someone else and have > only used IAR Embedded Workbench previously.
You have a project manager within the "Programmer Notepad" in WINAVR. Have to change the makefile to generate the *.obj instead of *.o.