Speaking of Multiprocessing...

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded3 hours ago 37 replies

I recall a discussion about the design of an instruction set architecture where someone was saying an instruction was required to test and set...

I recall a discussion about the design of an instruction set architecture where someone was saying an instruction was required to test and set a bit or word as an atomic operation if it was desired to support multiple processors. Is this really true? Is this a function that can't be emulated with other operations including the disabling of interrupts? -- Rick C

Cloud? IoT? How to start

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded3 hours ago 16 replies

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise...

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise meaning: you can fill the "word" as you want. I want to start from a real simple application. I have some Internet-connected embedded boards that I want to control by remote with my smartphone connected to Internet. At first I wanted to connect the sma...

Dimension of a matrix

Started by Tim Wescott in comp.arch.embedded3 hours ago 22 replies

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the...

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the array x (assuming that x is, indeed an array). Is there anything in the standard libraries that does this easy and obvious thing? -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com I'm looking for work -- see my website!...

Codewright Failure

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded4 hours ago 11 replies

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm...

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was running in safe mode and now Codewright is messed up when running in standard windows mode. I can open files, but I can't select anything in them or do any edits. I can't even position...

Short blocking delay in Cortex-M0+

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded23 hours ago 23 replies

During startup, I need a short and not precise delay, before configuring clocks, timers and other peripherals (at startup the CPU runs with...

During startup, I need a short and not precise delay, before configuring clocks, timers and other peripherals (at startup the CPU runs with internal clock). What do you suggest? I think there's a simpler method than configuring a hardware timer. I need to check the status of an input pin, *after* enabling internal pull-up. I'd like to introduce a short delay after enabling internal ...

Total Frustration with TI

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded1 day ago 11 replies

I have a couple of MSP-EXP430FR4133 launchpads that I wish to use for a project. I picked these devices over an FPGA board because I thought it...

I have a couple of MSP-EXP430FR4133 launchpads that I wish to use for a project. I picked these devices over an FPGA board because I thought it would be easier. Now, I'm finding I can't even get started! I had the same problems a couple of years ago when I worked with one of their ARM boards. In the end I punted on getting unsigned drivers working and moved the launchpad onto a raspb...

Position : GE Devops role

Started by up2date technologies in comp.arch.embedded2 days ago 1 reply

Dear vendor partner., Position : GE Devops role Location: San Ramon Client: Harman / GE Client is particularly looking for the...

Dear vendor partner., Position : GE Devops role Location: San Ramon Client: Harman / GE Client is particularly looking for the following skill set combination - AWS + Jenkins pipeline as code + Terraform + Chef/Ansible We will have to find 3 to 4 more profiles quickly. Brief JD for Devops: · Skills – CI/CD development, Spring Boot, Mesos, Marathon, Docker

Guest Webinar: Leveraging SQL to easily build Smart, Data-Driven, Connected IoT Devices

Started by Sunil Kumar in comp.arch.embedded2 days ago

Join our upcoming guest webinar by ITTIA Database Software and Toradex, where you will be introduced to methods of building firmware that utilizes...

Join our upcoming guest webinar by ITTIA Database Software and Toradex, where you will be introduced to methods of building firmware that utilizes data management platforms using standard features on a Toradex System on Module. ITTIA has worked directly with developers in various vertical markets to build ITTIA DB SQL which has grown organically, and its ease of use and reliability

CRC calculation

Started by Jack in comp.arch.embedded3 days ago 11 replies

Hello, I'm working on a 16bit microcontroller. I need to check for flash corruption. Flash is adressed at words (16bits). The linker calculate...

Hello, I'm working on a 16bit microcontroller. I need to check for flash corruption. Flash is adressed at words (16bits). The linker calculate a CRC_CCITT and put the result in a cell of the flash. The algorithm that the chip manufacurer gave us is painfully slow (it loops on every bits of the words): size = FLASH_END_ADDR - FLASH_START_ADDR; //32kB in total segment_p = FLASH_START_ADD...

MSP430g2553 and Matlab

Started by engineergc in comp.arch.embedded5 days ago 4 replies

Dear All; I am making red round object tracking project by using MSP430G2553 and Matlab. When red round object moves, a car will track red...

Dear All; I am making red round object tracking project by using MSP430G2553 and Matlab. When red round object moves, a car will track red round object. Project is consist of from two parts as image processing and motion part. In motion part I am using L298N motor driver card, MSP430G2553. and a car that consist of from 2 wheels with 2 dc motors and a swivel castor. Image processing part in ...

Ask a Question to the EmbeddedRelated community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright