Adding the new "USB CUSTOM CLASS" template to CubeMX for STM32?

Started by Wojciech Zabolotny in comp.arch.embedded2 weeks ago

When preparing nonstandard USB firmwares for STM32 microcontrollers, it would be perfect to have a possibility to use a "CUSTOM CLASS", in "Class...

When preparing nonstandard USB firmwares for STM32 microcontrollers, it would be perfect to have a possibility to use a "CUSTOM CLASS", in "Class for FS IP" list in CubeMX. Unfortunately it is not available. I have taken a look into CubeMX, and have found that for example the CUSTOM HID class is implemented in the following way: In the USB_DEVICE_-STM32???_Configs.xml file there are the follo...

Rockchip RK3399. Is it possible to run SPI at 16 MHz?

Started by Wojciech Zabolotny in comp.arch.embedded2 weeks ago 1 reply

Hi, I need to control a board (WiFi HaLow based on NRC7292 chipset) from an RK3399-based system (currently Rockpi N10) After tests it appeared...

Hi, I need to control a board (WiFi HaLow based on NRC7292 chipset) from an RK3399-based system (currently Rockpi N10) After tests it appeared that this board requires the SPI clock frequency to be 16 MHz. Other frequencies result in communication errors. Details of my tests are available here: https://github.com/newracom/nrc7292_sw_pkg/issues/5 Unfortunately, it seems that RK3399 is able to ...

Power On Self Test

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded2 weeks ago 25 replies

I'd like to implement a Power On Self Test to be sure all (or many) parts of the electronics are functioning well. The tests to be done to...

I'd like to implement a Power On Self Test to be sure all (or many) parts of the electronics are functioning well. The tests to be done to check external hardware depends on the actual hardware that is present. What about the MCU that features an internal Flash (where is the code) and RAM and some peripherals? Are there any strategies to test if the internal RAM or Flash are good? Do...

Codewright Failure

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded3 weeks ago 25 replies

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm...

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was running in safe mode and now Codewright is messed up when running in standard windows mode. I can open files, but I can't select anything in them or do any edits. I can't even position...

Testing watchdog

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded3 weeks ago 13 replies

I usually enable watchdog during boot init code. I usually use the internal watchdog that is available in the MCU I'm using. I know an...

I usually enable watchdog during boot init code. I usually use the internal watchdog that is available in the MCU I'm using. I know an external watchdog can be more secure, but internal watchdog is usually better than nothing. Some MCUs can be programmed to enable watchdog immediately after reset and stays enabled forever. Other times I enable watchdog timer immediately after some ini...

What is a Processor in Context of Reliability Analysis

Started by Rick C in comp.arch.embedded2 months ago

How is a "processor" defined when considering requirements on developing a design? A project I am on is shoving software into HDL to design an...

How is a "processor" defined when considering requirements on developing a design? A project I am on is shoving software into HDL to design an FPGA which is being considered "hardware". I'm not fighting it because FPGAs are what I do. Board level design is a necessary evil to support the FPGA. If not for the desire to make approval easier the FPGA would not be on the board.

USB HID mouse data packet

Started by Mike Perkins in comp.arch.embedded2 months ago 6 replies

It's a while since I last looked at USB but I'm finding it difficult to source useful material to explain the data packet I get from a USB...

It's a while since I last looked at USB but I'm finding it difficult to source useful material to explain the data packet I get from a USB mouse. I have 3 mice I'm looking at for reference and to understand what I have to deal with. This is for a USB HID Host application running on a STM MCU. The only documentation I have is hid1_11.pdf which can be easily found and on page 71 this giv...

Division

Started by Rick C in comp.arch.embedded2 months ago 6 replies

I know most processors have an instruction for division and certainly Forth includes division words. But how are they implemented? I am asking...

I know most processors have an instruction for division and certainly Forth includes division words. But how are they implemented? I am asking because I need to do a division in hardware in an FPGA. Are there processors that don't include a division instruction? Has anyone had to implement division using something other than a native CPU division instruction? I worked on a

Some preliminary help for an FPGA selection

Started by Dimiter_Popoff in comp.arch.embedded2 months ago 21 replies

It will be the first FPGA for me. What I want to do is not complex, I have done similar controllers (more complex really)numerous times using...

It will be the first FPGA for me. What I want to do is not complex, I have done similar controllers (more complex really)numerous times using logic parts, PLD, CPLD-s etc. I need to put together a display controller, to just do framebuffer memory -> display interface. Framebuffer memory will be some sort of DDRAM (DDR-which depending on the FPGA type), I'll be happy with a 1920x1080 framebuf

Group Design

Started by Rick C in comp.arch.embedded2 months ago 60 replies

Wow! Designing in a group is strange. I'm helping with the design of a ventilator and it is a unique experience. We have people of many skill...

Wow! Designing in a group is strange. I'm helping with the design of a ventilator and it is a unique experience. We have people of many skill levels and talents, many I don't even know. The design seems to ping pong around based on the hot button issue of the day. They already have someone to do board level design, but he has a day job, so the work gets done a bit helter skelte

Ask a Question to the EmbeddedRelated community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright