Dimension of a matrix

Started by Tim Wescott in comp.arch.embedded25 minutes ago 37 replies

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the...

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the array x (assuming that x is, indeed an array). Is there anything in the standard libraries that does this easy and obvious thing? -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com I'm looking for work -- see my website!...

Codewright Failure

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded3 hours ago 13 replies

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm...

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was running in safe mode and now Codewright is messed up when running in standard windows mode. I can open files, but I can't select anything in them or do any edits. I can't even position...

Cloud? IoT? How to start

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded3 hours ago 30 replies

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise...

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise meaning: you can fill the "word" as you want. I want to start from a real simple application. I have some Internet-connected embedded boards that I want to control by remote with my smartphone connected to Internet. At first I wanted to connect the sma...

L298 PWM Problem

Started by engineergc in comp.arch.embedded7 hours ago 1 reply

Dear all; I try to move 2 motor with L298N motor driver card and MSP430G2553. I tried some basic codes, but right motor does not work. When I...

Dear all; I try to move 2 motor with L298N motor driver card and MSP430G2553. I tried some basic codes, but right motor does not work. When I give energy to right motor can move. So, problem is not in motor. But, when I tried to move both motors only one motor can move (the motor that is driven by IN1 and IN2. I added code to below. I can not find my error. Could you help me please? #includ...

Position : GE Devops role

Started by up2date technologies in comp.arch.embedded14 hours ago 2 replies

Dear vendor partner., Position : GE Devops role Location: San Ramon Client: Harman / GE Client is particularly looking for the...

Dear vendor partner., Position : GE Devops role Location: San Ramon Client: Harman / GE Client is particularly looking for the following skill set combination - AWS + Jenkins pipeline as code + Terraform + Chef/Ansible We will have to find 3 to 4 more profiles quickly. Brief JD for Devops: · Skills – CI/CD development, Spring Boot, Mesos, Marathon, Docker

Speaking of Multiprocessing...

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded17 hours ago 40 replies

I recall a discussion about the design of an instruction set architecture where someone was saying an instruction was required to test and set...

I recall a discussion about the design of an instruction set architecture where someone was saying an instruction was required to test and set a bit or word as an atomic operation if it was desired to support multiple processors. Is this really true? Is this a function that can't be emulated with other operations including the disabling of interrupts? -- Rick C

Short blocking delay in Cortex-M0+

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded2 days ago 23 replies

During startup, I need a short and not precise delay, before configuring clocks, timers and other peripherals (at startup the CPU runs with...

During startup, I need a short and not precise delay, before configuring clocks, timers and other peripherals (at startup the CPU runs with internal clock). What do you suggest? I think there's a simpler method than configuring a hardware timer. I need to check the status of an input pin, *after* enabling internal pull-up. I'd like to introduce a short delay after enabling internal ...

Total Frustration with TI

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded3 days ago 11 replies

I have a couple of MSP-EXP430FR4133 launchpads that I wish to use for a project. I picked these devices over an FPGA board because I thought it...

I have a couple of MSP-EXP430FR4133 launchpads that I wish to use for a project. I picked these devices over an FPGA board because I thought it would be easier. Now, I'm finding I can't even get started! I had the same problems a couple of years ago when I worked with one of their ARM boards. In the end I punted on getting unsigned drivers working and moved the launchpad onto a raspb...

Guest Webinar: Leveraging SQL to easily build Smart, Data-Driven, Connected IoT Devices

Started by Sunil Kumar in comp.arch.embedded4 days ago

Join our upcoming guest webinar by ITTIA Database Software and Toradex, where you will be introduced to methods of building firmware that utilizes...

Join our upcoming guest webinar by ITTIA Database Software and Toradex, where you will be introduced to methods of building firmware that utilizes data management platforms using standard features on a Toradex System on Module. ITTIA has worked directly with developers in various vertical markets to build ITTIA DB SQL which has grown organically, and its ease of use and reliability

CRC calculation

Started by Jack in comp.arch.embedded4 days ago 11 replies

Hello, I'm working on a 16bit microcontroller. I need to check for flash corruption. Flash is adressed at words (16bits). The linker calculate...

Hello, I'm working on a 16bit microcontroller. I need to check for flash corruption. Flash is adressed at words (16bits). The linker calculate a CRC_CCITT and put the result in a cell of the flash. The algorithm that the chip manufacurer gave us is painfully slow (it loops on every bits of the words): size = FLASH_END_ADDR - FLASH_START_ADDR; //32kB in total segment_p = FLASH_START_ADD...

Ask a Question to the EmbeddedRelated community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright