External Interrupts on an MPC555 with Quickstart Software

Started by mpcuser March 14, 2005
Hello,
I'm using the MPC500 quickstart libraries, but I'm having trouble
using external interrupts. My board is a PB-0555 manufactured by
Axiom, and I'm using Codewarrior. I'm using the following code to
initialize external interrupts:

int init(void)
{

	ioctl(USIU, USIUINT_INIT, NULL);

	/* enable external interrupts - i.e. set MSR[EE] and MSR[RI] bits */
	archEnableInt();

	return 1;
}

My appconfig.h file contains the following interrupt configuration:

#define IRQ_2_ENABLED                     0x01
void irq_testISR(void);
#define IRQ_2_ISR_ADDR irq_testISR
#define IRQ_2_TRIGGER                     0x01

I've stepped through the execution of the program, and everything
seems to run fine; but when I ground the IRQ[2] pin on my board, the
ISR does not get executed. I'm grounding it through a 4.7k, and I'm
sure I'm using the right pin. Could someone show me where I've gone
wrong? Also, is the 4.7k necessary? Do the eternal interrupts already
have current-limiting resistors? Thanks for your help!

- Kevin
"mpcuser" <kmorin@uoguelph.ca> wrote in message
> Hello, > I'm using the MPC500 quickstart libraries, but I'm having trouble > using external interrupts. My board is a PB-0555 manufactured by > Axiom, and I'm using Codewarrior. I'm using the following code to > initialize external interrupts: > > int init(void) > { > > ioctl(USIU, USIUINT_INIT, NULL); > > /* enable external interrupts - i.e. set MSR[EE] and MSR[RI] bits */ > archEnableInt(); > > return 1; > } > > My appconfig.h file contains the following interrupt configuration: > > #define IRQ_2_ENABLED 0x01 > void irq_testISR(void); > #define IRQ_2_ISR_ADDR irq_testISR > #define IRQ_2_TRIGGER 0x01 > > I've stepped through the execution of the program, and everything > seems to run fine; but when I ground the IRQ[2] pin on my board, the > ISR does not get executed. I'm grounding it through a 4.7k, and I'm > sure I'm using the right pin. Could someone show me where I've gone > wrong? Also, is the 4.7k necessary? Do the eternal interrupts already > have current-limiting resistors? Thanks for your help! > > - Kevin
You will receive more and speedier responses in either the Metrowerks Community forums: Metrowerks.com/community or in the codewarrior.embedded newsgroup. Personally, I do mostly 8/16 or DSP CodeWarrior so I cannot be of much help. This older link may help though, but I haven't taken the time to delve into it yet: http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555/faq.html Gary Schnabl Detroit

Memfault Beyond the Launch