Wireless Computer Monitor - Monitor's video connection is wireless

Started by karthikbalaguru October 16, 2007
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

I just did a quick search on Google and I found a website that offers wireless VGA and wireless HDMI transmission boxes. This should do what you are looking for. http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_video.html Keith http://www.doubleblackdesign.com
husterk wrote:
> On Oct 16, 1:31 am, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com> > wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's >> video connection is wireless) ? >> >> Thx in advans, >> Karthik Balaguru > > I just did a quick search on Google and I found a website that offers > wireless VGA and wireless HDMI transmission boxes. This should do what > you are looking for. > > http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_video.html
I have tried the Wireless PC to TV/Stereo before and was thoroughly unimpressed with the range of the unit. I tried it for work but whether the old building or too many walls but I couldn't get a clear picture from it at only 20 feet away.
> > Keith > http://www.doubleblackdesign.com >
-- Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Jethro Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's > video connection is wireless) ?
> Thx in advans, > Karthik Balaguru
Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high. Arno
Hmm, you better tell these guys it won't work: http://plextor.com/english/products/PX-PA15AW.htm http://addlogix.com/peripheral_sharing/echoview.htm Marc
'Arno' wrote:
| Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.
_____
Does exist.

The wireless monitor connections do not use 802.11 x standards equipment.
The bandwidth thus does not have the same limitation.

Phil Weldon

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia Marc Ramsey <marc@ranlogremove.com> wrote:
> Arno Wagner wrote: >> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote: >>> Hi, >> >>> Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's >>> video connection is wireless) ? >> >>> Thx in advans, >>> Karthik Balaguru >> >> Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.
> Hmm, you better tell these guys it won't work:
> http://plextor.com/english/products/PX-PA15AW.htm > http://addlogix.com/peripheral_sharing/echoview.htm
> Marc
As to this and the other replays: If you are satisfied with slow changes and basically no possibility to display movies, or other faster animated contents then of course solutions exist. These things are rather limited. Their primary focus is for presentations that mostly consist of static and/or low-details lides. A seconday use if dor a remote console for system administration of systems that do not have reasonable log-in possibilities. I tested one of these and it feels jerky and slow. Not usable to work with for a longer duration. Example: 1280x1024@60Hz with 24 bit color requires 3*1280*1024*60 Bytes = 230MB/s to be transferred for losless video transfer. Compression can not solve that for all content. Also this will require roughly 2.3GHz Bandwidth (!) to transfer wirelessly. Currently, there is no large enough available space in the RF spectrum for this. Arno
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia Phil Weldon <not.disclosed@example.com> wrote:
> 'Arno' wrote: > | Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high. > _____ > Does exist.
> The wireless monitor connections do not use 802.11 x standards equipment. > The bandwidth thus does not have the same limitation.
It still needs several GHz of RF spectrum. Which happens to not be available. There is no way to beat Shannon. Arno
'Arno Wagner' wrote:
| It still needs several GHz of RF spectrum. Which happens to not be
| available. There is no way to beat Shannon.

Your assumptions turn out not to be true.  See
http://www.analog.com/en/press/0,2890,3%255F%255F72455,00.html

the abstract at
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/10651/33618/01598300.pdf?arnumber=1598300

and the Wireless Telegraphy (Ultra-Wideband Equipment) (Exemption)
Regulations 2007 (No. 2084) at [Ofcom (UK)]
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/uwb_exemption/statement/ .

Though compression does not 'beat Shannon', it IS the basis of getting HDTV
over the airwaves (and very soon to be the ONLY way to get TV over the
airwaves in most countries.)

Arno Wagner wrote:
> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia Marc Ramsey > <marc@ranlogremove.com> wrote: >> Arno Wagner wrote: >>> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru >>> <karthikbalaguru79@gmail.com> wrote: >>>> Hi, >>> >>>> Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor >>>> (Monitor's >>>> video connection is wireless) ? >>> >>>> Thx in advans, >>>> Karthik Balaguru >>> >>> Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high. > >> Hmm, you better tell these guys it won't work: > >> http://plextor.com/english/products/PX-PA15AW.htm >> http://addlogix.com/peripheral_sharing/echoview.htm > >> Marc > > As to this and the other replays: If you are satisfied with slow > changes and basically no possibility to display movies, or other > faster animated contents then of course solutions exist. These > things > are rather limited. Their primary focus is for presentations that > mostly consist of static and/or low-details lides. A seconday use if > dor a remote console for system administration of systems that do > not > have reasonable log-in possibilities. I tested one of these and it > feels jerky and slow. Not usable to work with for a longer duration. > > Example: 1280x1024@60Hz with 24 bit color requires 3*1280*1024*60 > Bytes = 230MB/s to be transferred for losless video > transfer. Compression can not solve that for all content. Also this > will require roughly 2.3GHz Bandwidth (!) to transfer > wirelessly. Currently, there is no large enough available space in > the > RF spectrum for this.
Arno, HDTV gives 30 frames/second at 1920x1080 over a 6 MHz channel and if you've ever watched it you'll find that it's neither jerky nor slow. Now, I'm not saying that a 300 buck wireless adapter will give those results, because for the most part they won't, but bandwidth isn't the real obstacle--802.11g has almost ten times the bandwidth of HDTV. -- -- --John to email, dial "usenet" and validate (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)