Forums

USART communication in PIC

Started by Anuhas December 23, 2008
Dear Experts,

I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the
codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a
hyperterminal


Regards

Anuhas


On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:10:29 -0600, "Anuhas" <s.anuhas@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Dear Experts, > >I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the >codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a >hyperterminal
No.
Anuhas wrote:
> > I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give > me the codes in C to send something from PIC that should be > displayed in a hyperterminal
C: puts("Display this"); Pascal: writeln('Display this'); -- [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> Try the download section.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:10:29 -0600, Anuhas wrote:

> Dear Experts, > > I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the > codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a > hyperterminal >
As a point of curiosity, did you mean to sound demanding and rude in this post? -- Tim Wescott Control systems and communications consulting http://www.wescottdesign.com Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott Elsevier/Newnes, http://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html
On Dec 23, 11:10 am, "Anuhas" <s.anu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts, > > I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the > codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a > hyperterminal > > Regards > > Anuhas
It really depends on where you're located. Out here we use the Code of the West. Your situation may vary...
Anuhas <s.anuhas@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Dear Experts,
>I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the >codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a >hyperterminal
From Sri Lanka it seems..
CBFalconer escreveu:
> Anuhas wrote: >> I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give >> me the codes in C to send something from PIC that should be >> displayed in a hyperterminal > > C: puts("Display this"); > Pascal: writeln('Display this'); >
You forgot to put the Ada example ;-) -- Cesar Rabak GNU/Linux User 52247. Get counted: http://counter.li.org/
Tim Wescott escreveu:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:10:29 -0600, Anuhas wrote: > >> Dear Experts, >> >> I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the >> codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a >> hyperterminal >> > As a point of curiosity, did you mean to sound demanding and rude in this > post? >
Although I tend to agree with you about the tone of the OP, I think it comes from a less than full command of English than done in purpose... -- Cesar Rabak GNU/Linux User 52247. Get counted: http://counter.li.org/
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 00:20:29 -0200, Cesar Rabak wrote:

> Tim Wescott escreveu: >> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:10:29 -0600, Anuhas wrote: >> >>> Dear Experts, >>> >>> I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the >>> codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a >>> hyperterminal >>> >> As a point of curiosity, did you mean to sound demanding and rude in >> this post? >> > Although I tend to agree with you about the tone of the OP, I think it > comes from a less than full command of English than done in purpose...
I suspect that myself, which is how I managed to hit the "send" button before I hit "delete". It's like there needs to be a guide to English-language USENET posts for non-English speakers. -- Tim Wescott Control systems and communications consulting http://www.wescottdesign.com Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott Elsevier/Newnes, http://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:41:05 -0600, Tim Wescott <tim@seemywebsite.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 00:20:29 -0200, Cesar Rabak wrote: > >> Tim Wescott escreveu: >>> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:10:29 -0600, Anuhas wrote: >>> >>>> Dear Experts, >>>> >>>> I want to send some AT commands from a PIC through RS232. Give me the >>>> codes in C to send something from PIC that should be displayed in a >>>> hyperterminal >>>> >>> As a point of curiosity, did you mean to sound demanding and rude in >>> this post? >>> >> Although I tend to agree with you about the tone of the OP, I think it >> comes from a less than full command of English than done in purpose... > >I suspect that myself, which is how I managed to hit the "send" button >before I hit "delete". > >It's like there needs to be a guide to English-language USENET posts for >non-English speakers.
And a guide to some of the subtle nuances of Western culture particularly aimed at English-language speakers who hail from South Asia.