need help on a 8051 ip core

Started by jpmcg July 26, 2004
Hi there folks i`m currently doing a msc project and trying to
implement a 8051 ip core and program it using 'C'. Porblem is i cant
find  an ip core that will let me use it without having to spend money
on it. As i am a student i cant get my hands on that kind of cash. Can
anybody help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
JP

Try: <http://www.opencores.org/> and look down the page. Can't see what's the point of an MSc where you use someone else's core, and somneone else's C compiler, or is there some further point to it? While we are on IP cores, what is the cheapest (in small quantity) FPGA at the moment, including boot EEPROM? Paul Burke
The Altera Cyclone, AFAIK. The EP1C3T100C8 is 8.03 GBP and the EPCS1SI8 configuration device is 1.87 GBP. I recently bought five of each from Arrow UK. Leon -- Leon Heller, G1HSM http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller
<http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/8051/overview>

Hi there, If you use VHDL, please check this web site for a few 8051 IP cores: http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vhdl/vhdl.html The following newsgroups are better places for you to post questions regarding VHDL/Verilog IP cores: - comp.lang.vhdl - comp.lang.verilog - comp.arch.fpga For implementation, the Xilinx FPGA Start kit (US$99.0) is a very good value platform for 8-bit CPU development: http://www.xilinx.com/products/spartan3/s3boards.htm For C-compiler, if your program code is not that big, try the keil evaluation kit. Or you can use SDCC http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/ Hope this helps. Joe