custom VID/PID help

Started by milappatel February 3, 2009
can anybody help me...?

I hv 1 FT232BM chip and EEprom 93lc46.
I am configuring my EEPROM using Eprog 3.0 software.

In that I do change with my own VID and PID both and downloading it to
EEPROM. and change the FTdibus.inf / Ftdiport.inf file with both VID and
PID.

but the problem is everytime my PC detect the same comport COM6 at all my
4 USB ports.

but when I erase and set the default vid pid then and then only PC detects
the all 4 deferent PORTs.COM6/7/8/9.

I have not selected the fix serial number though it is heppend..

so please can anybody give me the solution for that.

"milappatel" <miloo_best@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> can anybody help me...? > > I hv 1 FT232BM chip and EEprom 93lc46. > I am configuring my EEPROM using Eprog 3.0 software. > > In that I do change with my own VID and PID both and downloading it to > EEPROM. and change the FTdibus.inf / Ftdiport.inf file with both VID and > PID. > > but the problem is everytime my PC detect the same comport COM6 at all my > 4 USB ports.
That is exactly what is supposed to happen.
> but when I erase and set the default vid pid then and then only PC detects > the all 4 deferent PORTs.COM6/7/8/9.
Correct. If you erase the EEPROM, there is no unique serial number in de device, therefore windows assigns a COM port number according to the used USB port. Using a serial number makes windows use the same COM port number regardless of the USB port you have used. Meindert