ADUC842 does not respond to serial check

Started by blisca February 18, 2009
Hi to all the ng

Can you help me please?
I mounted at home a board using an ADUC842.I comunicate with PC by means of
a simple RS232 to TTL converter as shown in
http://157.158.56.13/Electronics_Firm_Docs/ANALOG/uC006.pdf

The 32768 KHz Xtal oscillates,i have connected digital and analogs VDD's.EA
is tied to High logic level

When i exit from RESET state presenting PSEN Low the ADUC sends the correct
string to the PC.

The problem arises when i ask from PC to ADUC to identify itself,this is
done by sending four chars :0x21 0x5A 0x00 0x6 as stated by App.Note uc004

the ADUC should respond immediately,but nothing happens.Is my AdUC broken or
am i making some mistake?

Many thanks

Diego

Italy

blisca wrote:
> Hi to all the ng > > Can you help me please? > I mounted at home a board using an ADUC842.I comunicate with PC by > means of a simple RS232 to TTL converter as shown in > http://157.158.56.13/Electronics_Firm_Docs/ANALOG/uC006.pdf > > The 32768 KHz Xtal oscillates,i have connected digital and analogs > VDD's.EA is tied to High logic level > > When i exit from RESET state presenting PSEN Low the ADUC sends the > correct string to the PC. > > The problem arises when i ask from PC to ADUC to identify itself,this > is done by sending four chars :0x21 0x5A 0x00 0x6 as stated by > App.Note uc004 > > the ADUC should respond immediately,but nothing happens.Is my AdUC > broken or am i making some mistake? > > Many thanks > > Diego > > Italy
We fell into this trap also. Somewhere in their documentation the last byte is incorrectly listed as 0x6. The actual value should be 0xA6. Make this change and all should work. Scott
"Not Really Me" <scott@validatedQWERTYsoftware.XYZZY.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:705dsoFmr0jgU1@mid.individual.net...
> blisca wrote: > > Hi to all the ng > > > > Can you help me please? > > I mounted at home a board using an ADUC842.I comunicate with PC by > > means of a simple RS232 to TTL converter as shown in > > http://157.158.56.13/Electronics_Firm_Docs/ANALOG/uC006.pdf > > > > The 32768 KHz Xtal oscillates,i have connected digital and analogs > > VDD's.EA is tied to High logic level > > > > When i exit from RESET state presenting PSEN Low the ADUC sends the > > correct string to the PC. > > > > The problem arises when i ask from PC to ADUC to identify itself,this > > is done by sending four chars :0x21 0x5A 0x00 0x6 as stated by > > App.Note uc004 > > > > the ADUC should respond immediately,but nothing happens.Is my AdUC > > broken or am i making some mistake? > > > > Many thanks > > > > Diego > > > > Italy > > We fell into this trap also. Somewhere in their documentation the last
byte
> is incorrectly listed as 0x6. The actual value should be 0xA6. Make this > change and all should work. > > Scott >
Many thanks,now it works..... second trap i fell in.....first was about the RESET level for this ADuC :is HIGH.....and not LOW