OpenTherm protocol: looking for schematics

Started by Enrico December 21, 2009
Hi,

I'm designing a board that will have to embed the Opentherm interface.

The website www.opentherm.org doesn't say much.

I'm looking for schematics or hardware specifications.

thanks for any help,
It says all you need to obtain the protocol: http://www.opentherm.eu/pages/protocolsummaryrequest.html -- Cesar Rabak GNU/Linux User 52247. Get counted: http://counter.li.org/

For that matter, it says you have to be a member of the association to sell products commercially -- and presumably if you're a member you can buy (or get for free) the full spec. -- www.wescottdesign.com
Tim Wescott escreveu:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:19:37 -0200, Cesar Rabak wrote: > >> Enrico escreveu: >>> Hi, >>> >>> I'm designing a board that will have to embed the Opentherm interface. >>> >>> The website www.opentherm.org doesn't say much. >> It says all you need to obtain the protocol: >> http://www.opentherm.eu/pages/protocolsummaryrequest.html > > For that matter, it says you have to be a member of the association to > sell products commercially -- and presumably if you're a member you can > buy (or get for free) the full spec. >
These two things are more or less orthogonal: the specs can be obtained free of charge. The reason why the obtaining of the specs and the licensing are left separate is because a lot of the members of this industry may have the development of the electronics outsourced and this companies do need to become members (although it helps to be in). my 0.01999999.... -- Cesar Rabak GNU/Linux User 52247. Get counted: http://counter.li.org/
On 21 Dic, 22:03, Cesar Rabak <csra...@bol.com.br> wrote:
> Tim Wescott escreveu:> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:19:37 -0200, Cesar Rabak wrote: > > >> Enrico escreveu: > >>> Hi, > > >>> I'm designing a board that will have to embed the Opentherm interface. > > >>> The websitewww.opentherm.orgdoesn't say much. > >> It says all you need to obtain the protocol: > >>http://www.opentherm.eu/pages/protocolsummaryrequest.html > > > For that matter, it says you have to be a member of the association to > > sell products commercially -- and presumably if you're a member you can > > buy (or get for free) the full spec. > > These two things are more or less orthogonal: the specs can be obtained > free of charge. > > The reason why the obtaining of the specs and the licensing are left > separate is because a lot of the members of this industry may have the > development of the electronics outsourced and this companies do need to > become members (although it helps to be in). > > my 0.01999999.... > > -- > Cesar Rabak > GNU/Linux User 52247. > Get counted:http://counter.li.org/
hi, thanks for your answer. The protocol specifications (version 3.0) I got from the site don't say much especially about the hardware interface. It's a 20-page document and I guess they are just a brief summary of the full documentation. I browsed the web and couldn't find much, except: http://openingupopenthermprotocol.nl Enrico
Hi, I also found this interesting datasheet: http://www.eu.necel.com/_pdf/U17475EE1V0AN00.PDF Enrico
"Cesar Rabak" <csrabak@bol.com.br> wrote in message
> Enrico escreveu: >> Hi, >> >> I'm designing a board that will have to embed the Opentherm interface. >> >> The website www.opentherm.org doesn't say much. > > It says all you need to obtain the protocol: > http://www.opentherm.eu/pages/protocolsummaryrequest.html > > > -- > Cesar Rabak > GNU/Linux User 52247. > Get counted: http://counter.li.org/
It seems if you "must" use this protocol, you need to be more closely linked to the openthern community. You may consider other open protocols like LonWorks etc. Joe

Memfault Beyond the Launch