Wireless sensor network at 868MHz

Started by fasf May 22, 2010
Hi,
I want to realize a wireless sensor network at 868MHz: this network
should be used in open ambient, so long range (and low power) is
important for me. What do you think is the better solution?
About protocol: i thougth ZigBee, but i haven't found interesting
solution at this range (I may be mistaken)...A standard implementation
is the best solution, but non strictly necessary....For me a lot of
positive feedback from protocol users is very importat...last but not
least, it shoud be free of charge and open source
About transceiver: i'm looking for a very low power system on chip
solution (8bit micro + transceiver)
Can you help me?i'm a little confused...
Thanks
"fasf" <silusilusilu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I want to realize a wireless sensor network at 868MHz: this network > should be used in open ambient, so long range (and low power) is > important for me. What do you think is the better solution? > About protocol: i thougth ZigBee, but i haven't found interesting > solution at this range (I may be mistaken)...A standard implementation > is the best solution, but non strictly necessary....For me a lot of > positive feedback from protocol users is very importat...last but not > least, it shoud be free of charge and open source > About transceiver: i'm looking for a very low power system on chip > solution (8bit micro + transceiver) > Can you help me?i'm a little confused... > Thanks
Take a lok at Nordic semiconductor....They have an integrated 8051 solution, but the firmware has to be in an unprotected serial eeprom.... seriously bad design decision on their part so from a commercial point it's useless. Nice core though.... with all the low level stuff done for you. I use the non 51 version with code in a mega48P and it works well.
Thanks for your answer...

> Take a lok at Nordic semiconductor....They have an integrated 8051 solution, > but the firmware has to be in an unprotected serial eeprom.... seriously bad > design decision on their part so from a commercial point it's useless.
What protocol is used? It is free and open source? Thanks
> Thanks for your answer... > >> Take a look at Nordic semiconductor....They have an integrated 8051 >> solution, >> but the firmware has to be in an unprotected serial eeprom.... seriously >> bad >> design decision on their part so from a commercial point it's useless. > > What protocol is used? It is free and open source? > Thanks >
You have to write your own application code. Low level stuff is all done for you ( shockburst tm) and needs SPI master to talk to the chip.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference