PIC18 compiler

Started by Meindert Sprang May 31, 2010
On Mon, 31 May 2010 13:07:23 +0200, "Meindert Sprang"
<ms@NOJUNKcustomORSPAMware.nl> wrote:

>Hi Guru's, > >I have been handed a PIC18 project including a CCS compiler. I have been >struggling for days now to try to work around something that seems to be a >compiler bug but CCS have not been very helpful to solve this project. To be >honest, this whole CCS thing seems to be targeted at embedded-challenged >people and many pre-cooked things and the almost impossibility to devide a >project in several C files are getting seriously in the way of an >experienced developer..... > >I am now considering buying a decent C compiler and I'd like to have some >opinions of you guys. I am opting between IAR, Hi-Tech and SourceBoost. Any >comments and/or suggestions? > >Regards, >Meindert >
Take a look at CC8E from B Knudsen Data. I've used for years and found it to be excellent.There's a free version for evaluation. http://www.bknd.com/cc8e/index.shtml --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---
Thanks for all comments and opinions. I have decided to go for the MicroChip
C18 compiler. It gives me 60 days time to port and finish the current code
and so far, things are looking good.

Meindert

In message <4c07ad95$0$22939$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, Meindert Sprang
<ms@NOJUNKcustomORSPAMware.nl> writes
>Thanks for all comments and opinions. I have decided to go for the MicroChip >C18 compiler. It gives me 60 days time to port and finish the current code >and so far, things are looking good.
You should check the license... most time limited compilers are for evaluation and not for commercial use. You normally can not ship a product with an eval compiler. That said I don't know of any compiler company that has actually enforced that clause. -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
"Chris H" <chris@phaedsys.org> wrote in message
> In message <4c07ad95$0$22939$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, Meindert Sprang > <ms@NOJUNKcustomORSPAMware.nl> writes > >Thanks for all comments and opinions. I have decided to go for the
MicroChip
> >C18 compiler. It gives me 60 days time to port and finish the current
code
> >and so far, things are looking good. > > You should check the license... most time limited compilers are for > evaluation and not for commercial use. You normally can not ship a > product with an eval compiler. That said I don't know of any compiler > company that has actually enforced that clause.
I know. And I'd be happy to pay for a license when this whole thing compiles and runs the way we want. Meindert