Forums

LPC2103 problems

Started by naiden_pn June 17, 2010
Hi, I'm using Rowley Crossworks 1.7 Build 4 for my Olimex LPC P2103 and I
have problems when I flash the board. When I debug it, even with the
release version on it, everything is fine, but when I just load it and
disconnect the debugger, nothing seems to work. Have you ever had this kind
of problem and how can I solve it?

	   
					
---------------------------------------		
Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
In message <GKidnUQr_8VIg4fRnZ2dnUVZ_rednZ2d@giganews.com>, naiden_pn
<naiden_pn@n_o_s_p_a_m.abv.bg> writes
>Hi, I'm using Rowley Crossworks 1.7 Build 4 for my Olimex LPC P2103 and I >have problems when I flash the board. When I debug it, even with the >release version on it, everything is fine, but when I just load it and >disconnect the debugger, nothing seems to work. Have you ever had this kind >of problem and how can I solve it?
Simple call Rowley support.... -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
On 17/06/2010 14:10, naiden_pn wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Rowley Crossworks 1.7 Build 4 for my Olimex LPC P2103 and=
I
> have problems when I flash the board. When I debug it, even with the > release version on it, everything is fine, but when I just load it and > disconnect the debugger, nothing seems to work. Have you ever had this =
kind
> of problem and how can I solve it? >=20 > =20 > =09 > --------------------------------------- =09 > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
I think if you visit Rowley support you will find this is the #1 most asked FAQ (hint, search for "STARTUP_FROM_RESET"). --=20 Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E
Last time on comp.arch.embedded, FreeRTOS info <noemail@given.com>
said:

>I think if you visit Rowley support you will find this is the #1 most >asked FAQ (hint, search for "STARTUP_FROM_RESET").
Which is pretty ironic, as there is absolutely no reason to prevent code in flash from starting up after a reset. The code generated by IAR's EWARM starts up from flash by default; NOT starting from flash isn't even an option unless you want to modify the startup code yourself (which, of course, nobody does because there's no need for it). I wonder how much this silliness has cost Rowley in unnecessary support costs? Not enough for them to get rid of it, apparently...
On Jun 25, 12:48=A0am, Fred <fu...@hotmail.com> wrote:


> code in flash from starting up after a reset. The code generated by > IAR's EWARM starts up from flash by default; NOT starting from flash
Apparently not the current version, see my thread here about MCB2130 vs EWARM.