How to measure code execution time...?

Started by Simp June 15, 2004
"Simp" <r64023@email.mot.com> wrote in message
news:camtut$og3$1@newshost.mot.com...
> I have a pretty elementary question (I'm an intern - it happens!). My
boss
> asked me to run a timer to measure how long it takes to execute some code
on
> a Motorola 32-bit Microcontroller. Is there a built in tool in Metrowerks > Codewarrior that can accomplish this? Or is there a coding technique or > tool that I must/can use? Any help would be greatly appreciated! > > Simp > >
Thanks for all your help everyone. Andy Sinclair won the prize...... it's in the mail... However I tried as many of the other suggestions as I could and now I know different ways of accomplishing this task, so thanks. And thanks to Ben Bradley for the tip with the scope... I'm sure that'll come in handy in the future. Simp