USB iterface to read memory sticks

Started by Grahame June 3, 2004

Where do you take the USB host firmware from ? Can you afford to read manuals and do some tries for 6 months ? Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
On 2004-06-04, 42Bastian Schick <bastian42@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>I wish to interface a AVR Mega128 to read USB Memory >>Sticks or worst case PCMCIA Memory Flash Cards. Thus the >>USB I am loking for is a master rather than the off-the- >>shelf slave designs. > > Instead of doing a two CPU solution (Atmel or Cypress or ...), why not > go for a CPU which can do USB directly (e.g. here are HC08,HC12, CF, > ARM cpus with USB).
Those are almost always slave-only devices. The OP wants to be a master. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! You must be a CUB at SCOUT!! Have you made your visi.com MONEY-DROP today??
Yes, it is an OTG chip with both Host and Client function. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This is a personal view which may or may not be share by my Employer Atmel Nordic AB
>> Instead of doing a two CPU solution (Atmel or Cypress or ...), why not >> go for a CPU which can do USB directly (e.g. here are HC08,HC12, CF, >> ARM cpus with USB). > >Where do you take the USB host firmware from ? >Can you afford to read manuals and do some tries >for 6 months ?
Maybe buy it ? This leads to the question: What is more expensive, having a two-chip design or a one-chip design with additional SW cost ? -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@epost.de instead !

Memfault Beyond the Launch