ATmega169 rev number

Started by Phil May 25, 2004
Can anyone help with Atmel ATmega169
rev numbers, I have two chips marked code
0339 and another 0352, is thisjust
week 39 and week 52 of 2003? How
can I tell what REV number are they?
They both behave different so they are
either REV B & REV C or REV C & REV D.
Anyone help?

Phil

Phil wrote:
> Can anyone help with Atmel ATmega169 > rev numbers, I have two chips marked code > 0339 and another 0352, is thisjust > week 39 and week 52 of 2003?
Yes,
> How can I tell what REV number are they? > They both behave different so they are > either REV B & REV C or REV C & REV D. > Anyone help?
You need to look under the device, and for Atmel IC's and Rev ID is normally the last letter of one of the lines. -jg
> > How can I tell what REV number are they? > > They both behave different so they are > > either REV B & REV C or REV C & REV D. > > Anyone help? > > You need to look under the device, and for Atmel IC's > and Rev ID is normally the last letter of one > of the lines.
Thanks, but still none the wiser as reverse markings are: week 52 chip: 3H0106 35579D 1-A 3H0345 week 39 chip: 3G0822A 35579D 1-A 3G0339 The week 52 device takes an extra 100uA with the LCD which is what the REV C device should do. Phil
"Phil" <please@sendmejunkmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help with Atmel ATmega169 > rev numbers, I have two chips marked code > 0339 and another 0352, is thisjust > week 39 and week 52 of 2003? How > can I tell what REV number are they? > They both behave different so they are > either REV B & REV C or REV C & REV D. > Anyone help? > > Phil
According to the datasheet, the top 4 bits of the device identification register (accessible via jtag only), 0 = REVA ... 3 = REVD Cheers, Alf
> > Can anyone help with Atmel ATmega169 > > rev numbers, I have two chips marked code > > 0339 and another 0352, is thisjust > > week 39 and week 52 of 2003? How > > can I tell what REV number are they? > > They both behave different so they are > > either REV B & REV C or REV C & REV D. > > Anyone help? > > > According to the datasheet, the top 4 bits of the device identification > register (accessible via jtag only), 0 = REVA ... 3 = REVD
Thanks for the info. Phil