PIC16C62B to 16F872, no clock CLKOUT?

Started by Mark A. Odell May 10, 2004
I'm wondering if there is some well known issue with the 16F872 WRT using
the RC oscillator mode. I was told that the 'F872 was a pin-compatible
replacement for the 'C62B (ignoring the A/D). When the 'C62B is in the
socket I get a nice clock out signal on pin 10, CLKOUT. Quickly swapping
in the 'F872 I get a DC low-level and pin 9, CLKIN is a DC high-level.
Anyone?

Thanks.

--
- Mark ->
--

> I'm wondering if there is some well known issue with the 16F872 WRT > using the RC oscillator mode. I was told that the 'F872 was a > pin-compatible replacement for the 'C62B (ignoring the A/D). When the > 'C62B is in the socket I get a nice clock out signal on pin 10, CLKOUT. > Quickly swapping in the 'F872 I get a DC low-level and pin 9, CLKIN is a > DC high-level.
Nevermind, I neglected to disable low-voltage programming. I now have the expected clock waveforms. Regards, -- - Mark -> --

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference