Embedded snmp implementation

Started by Dave Moore April 30, 2004
Anybody out there have experience with any commercial/open source SNMP v1
and v2 implementations?  I'm specifically  looking for a small footprint
(ram and rom) version that can run something like a HC11.  Something that
can plug into a more or less "standard" TCP/IP implementation.  I googled
and found some, but am looking for some personal experience.

I tried comp.protocols.snmp to no avail.  Thanks.

Check out the open source project at http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/ It's targeted at Linux and Windows, but I know some folks have been porting it to microcontrollers. It's very mature, got an active group of developers, and it's been been solid for several years.
"Richard" <rh86@azglobal.com> wrote in message
> Dave Moore wrote: > > > > Anybody out there have experience with any > > commercial/open source SNMP v1 and v2 > > implementations? > > Check out the open source project at http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/ > > It's targeted at Linux and Windows, but I know some folks have been > porting it to microcontrollers. It's very mature, got an active group > of developers, and it's been been solid for several years.
Ya, I've seen (and used) this one before. It's really nice, but "small footprint" doesn't apply. Thanks for the reply though.
Dave Moore wrote:
> Ya, I've seen (and used) this one before. It's > really nice, but "small footprint" doesn't apply. > Thanks for the reply though.
Might be worth posting a Q to their list. More than one person is working on MCU ports.