Which Embedded Ethernet Server?

Started by Limping Man April 27, 2004
Hello,

My goal is to get a distant access (using an Intranet connection) to a
device connected to a Embedded Server through a RS232 serial Port. Now
i use a HelloDevice 1300 by Sena Technologies, but I have some
problems because sometimes the Embedded Server doesn't reply when
contacted or it goes really slow.

Is this a common problem with HD1300?

Anyway the EES is not stable, at least in this condition. So i'm
thinking to try a new one and I would like to have some opinions about
other EEServers.

So, which one is best?

Features: RS232, RJ45, a Firmware that automatically transfers data
from serial port to Ethernet port and vice-versa, and a flash memory
to upload some html pages.

Thank you, Bye.
http://www.stacktools.com/page/cdir.c?dir=ucmodules/ST2011

I've used both Lantronix and Rabbit/Zworld stuff.  The Lantronix works out
of the box for telnet, and the rabbit stuff is quite configurable, making
the protocol stack available to you.

You may want to take a look at: http://www.comtrol.com/products/catalog.asp?product=dmrts * Models from 1 to 32 ports * ARM7 CPU runnin eCos with cheap developer kit ($100, IIRC). * Full BSD network stack with SNMP, DHCP client, etc. * GoAhead web server with host-side JavaScript. * Native COM (Win32) and tty (Linux) drivers. * raw TCP<->serial mode. [Disclaimer: I used to work there.] -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! What a at COINCIDENCE! I'm an visi.com authorized "SNOOTS OF THE STARS" dealer!!
Limping Man wrote:
> Hello, > > My goal is to get a distant access (using an Intranet connection) to a > device connected to a Embedded Server through a RS232 serial Port. Now > i use a HelloDevice 1300 by Sena Technologies, but I have some > problems because sometimes the Embedded Server doesn't reply when > contacted or it goes really slow. > > Is this a common problem with HD1300? > > Anyway the EES is not stable, at least in this condition. So i'm > thinking to try a new one and I would like to have some opinions about > other EEServers. > > So, which one is best? > > Features: RS232, RJ45, a Firmware that automatically transfers data > from serial port to Ethernet port and vice-versa, and a flash memory > to upload some html pages. > > Thank you, Bye.
http://developer.axis.com/

Memfault Beyond the Launch